Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month from now we have a circuit race where one of the legs is on a gravel/dirt road.
See for yourself.

·
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't use your wheels with the white tires.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We have a race in central FL over a similar type of course....its called Webster Roubaix. I'll be doing it in Mid April.

·
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found this Video on the CBR website.
I'm contemplating sticking on an old 24mm CG Pave, in back, for this race.

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
Race w/ the beater and bring a tire pump for the farm dog and chickens . Will you be using 25mm tires? Fun.

·
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope it does.........
and race day also.................
all the sissies will stay home...............They'll say.....Oh no, my Carbon wheels will get muddy, and won't look like $2500 anymore.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts

·
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kinda spendy at $35.

Most of my races are $25 tops.

With rough roads like this, Conti sewups are the way to go. Pretty hard to pinch-flat a Conti, unless you roll into the Grand Canyon.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yea, I'm used to paying $25ish for cross races. Oh well. Don't have my tubies ready for the road yet so I'll have to live with my clinchers.

·
24,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Racing on bad roads with clinchers is scary. I was in a race a few years ago that had a section of road that was covered with pot holes. I must have hit three or four of them head on. We lost 5 or 6 riders to flats in that 100 yard section.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Leland, no? I'm more worried about the wind than the dirt. Although there are some sections where the dirt looks "mushy". After Hillsboro, though, I'll take flat dirt over hills.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts