Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the official thread seems overwhelmed right now, I post here for your pleasure (or disdain as the case might be) pictures of the evil twin brother of the Chi-bike I have been riding and racing for the past 6 months.

Here's the original: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=2757752#post2757752

(and the first picture before the steerer was cut),

All the following pictures are of its dirty sibling...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am curious as to how you communicated the painting/design of your bike? How much lead time?
Which company? Dengfu, Hong-fu, Great Keen?
What did you buy from the comapny aside from the frame and fork?

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I created all the text-based design in vector format and mocked it up on a pdf template that Hong-fu sent me with the paint design. They then ran with it and it came back exactly as I wanted after a few small back-and-forth emails. HongFu did the work and I have been very pleased... our team will be ordering a set of frames with them this season. The only things I ordered with the frames/forks were headsets and derailleur hangers.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Why are the wheels so small?

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DEf. a lot lighter and tighter handling... I put it (the road bike) through it's paces -- in addition to the regular training and racing around here, I tested it on the Time-Megeve, the Marmotte and the Etape du Tour cyclosportives and threw in a week of riding in the Pyrenees and a few week-ends in the Vercors for good measure. Pretty sweet so far!

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
philippec said:
DEf. a lot lighter and tighter handling... I put it (the road bike) through it's paces -- in addition to the regular training and racing around here, I tested it on the Time-Megeve, the Marmotte and the Etape du Tour cyclosportives and threw in a week of riding in the Pyrenees and a few week-ends in the Vercors for good measure. Pretty sweet so far!
What was the frame/fork weight of le Chi?

When you say "tighter handling" did you mean in terms of acceleration responsiveness or in terms of steering? How about the comfort level?

Sounds like a great deal of a frame!

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frame was 1075 g in a 58cm... and tighter in terms of acceleration and steering. I don't notice comfort too much except when it is not... and that is not the case w/ this one! 180+kms in the mountains and I feel as if the bike is still on my side.

·
Registered
342 Posts
philippec said:
Since the official thread seems overwhelmed right now, I post here for your pleasure (or disdain as the case might be) pictures of the evil twin brother of the Chi-bike I have been riding and racing for the past 6 months....
I haven't been following any of these threads about cheap Chi-bikes or Fu-bikes or whatever. Is it simply people hate them because they undercutting retail sales on expensive name-brand frames?

mtberv said:
Can you post up more information on where you bought the framset(s) & what models they are & what you paid etc.
ditto, I'd like to know as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
mtberv said:
Can you post up more information on where you bought the framset(s) & what models they are & what you paid etc.

philippec said:
I created all the text-based design in vector format and mocked it up on a pdf template that Hong-fu sent me with the paint design. They then ran with it and it came back exactly as I wanted after a few small back-and-forth emails. HongFu did the work and I have been very pleased... our team will be ordering a set of frames with them this season. The only things I ordered with the frames/forks were headsets and derailleur hangers.
maybe check out Hong-fu....

·
Registered
765 Posts
what is the effective top tube on your 58cm road bike? how about TT length? I am really interested in these bikes, however, i need at least 590mm TT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts