·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
De nada. Saw the link over in the Clinic. There is some good stuff over there if you have the stomach to wade thru the insanity.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
This ought to clear the air a little. Did doping stop in 2006? Is cycling clean, or cleaner? Is the biopassport working?

A thoroughly depressing read:

Is there a doctor in the house? | Cyclismas | cycling satire and commentary :cryin:
Depressing read.

Thanks for sharing :yikes: .

As I mentioned in another doping thread, I've been watching TDF's (Covered by an Australian TV station) for the period of 1986 thru 2002.

It's interesting how the topic of doping didn't become a regular discussion piece with Phil Liggett until the mid '90's.

What I didn't know was how UCI treated riders suspected of EPO use via high hematocrit numbers during said '90's: UCI would simply 'release' riders from tours and races (No suspension or fine) and said riders couldn't race again until their numbers came down to normal.

During one of the stages of one of the TDF's I watched the Australian TV host explained the procedure.

·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was a stop gap measure. There was no test for EPO. It was just a number to keep riders from killing themselves and to try to "level the playing field".

Which is about what the ABP is doing today.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
That was a stop gap measure. There was no test for EPO. It was just a number to keep riders from killing themselves and to try to "level the playing field".

Which is about what the ABP is doing today.

I think that's true.

I think a case can be made that it makes the big budget doping much easier.

Cliff's Notes on said ABP, please :) .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.