Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been an RBR member since back in 2001. Came over from MTBR.

I haven't posted or contributed to the forum in months because the last and most egregious of the format revisions means that the site now resembles the modern equivalent of one of those hilarious 1990s Geocities pages (think scrolling marquees, glitter text and blink tags).

Until and unless RBR management decides to ditch the horrible layout and huge, autoplaying flash ads (wtf with the sound? really?) I am gone. This sort of thing drives users and content generators AWAY from the site, not to click through. I used to be a regular user of the classifieds (meaning: revenue) and would often click through interesting vendor links on the main page article content. These days it's actually easier to buy and sell via my social media contacts.

If you're forcing your members to load multiple ad blockers just to make the site usable, then you're doing it wrong.

so long RBR, 10+ years was a good run, but you've allowed the site to become the web equivalent of a cheap polyester leisure suit.

-- lfr

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,554 Posts
I was just about to post about these horrible video ads.
They are a real pain in the keester.....You stop one, but it doesn't stay stopped.

I guess that if I unplugged my headphones before I visit this site, it would suck less.
Shane.............Don't go..
More like a Cat 6 Criterium.......(on Tri-bars)

·
24,554 Posts
These effin' video ads are becoming effin' crazy.

STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been an RBR member since back in 2001. Came over from MTBR.

I haven't posted or contributed to the forum in months because the last and most egregious of the format revisions means that the site now resembles the modern equivalent of one of those hilarious 1990s Geocities pages (think scrolling marquees, glitter text and blink tags).

Until and unless RBR management decides to ditch the horrible layout and huge, autoplaying flash ads (wtf with the sound? really?) I am gone. This sort of thing drives users and content generators AWAY from the site, not to click through. I used to be a regular user of the classifieds (meaning: revenue) and would often click through interesting vendor links on the main page article content. These days it's actually easier to buy and sell via my social media contacts.

If you're forcing your members to load multiple ad blockers just to make the site usable, then you're doing it wrong.

so long RBR, 10+ years was a good run, but you've allowed the site to become the web equivalent of a cheap polyester leisure suit.

-- lfr
Agree.

·
24,554 Posts
Now I'm getting ads that you are not able to stop.
WTF is THIS????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.