Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,140 Posts
bas said:
That's right.. this tour was weak. Lance could have won coming out of retirement.

In fact, Lance could have won the last 2 years two. He'd have 10 in a row now.
Yeah? well see now one wants to watch ol doped up Lance with his doped up team. While you awarding him virtual wins why don't you fill out his races some he was the best GC guy of his time for the tour but didn't win much else throw a few classics in there for him and maybe another world title.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
32and3cross said:
Yeah? well see now one wants to watch ol doped up Lance with his doped up team. While you awarding him virtual wins why don't you fill out his races some he was the best GC guy of his time for the tour but didn't win much else throw a few classics in there for him and maybe another world title.

I see the 2008 olympics as a piece of cake for him too.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,357 Posts
bas said:
I see the 2008 olympics as a piece of cake for him too.
You reply to alot of threads.

· Banned
328 Posts
bas said:
That's right.. this tour was weak. Lance could have won coming out of retirement.

In fact, Lance could have won the last 2 years two. He'd have 10 in a row now.
Lance is too busy trying get some hollywood tail and with drug detection programs now his little scam would have been exposed. Landis was the last rider to win with any panache and before that Lance circa 1999 (though 2003 was cool, too). I'd give LA a little more respect if he maybe actually raced paris roubaix or the giro, but I digress.

Evens and Sastre aren't all that exciting either, but the race itself, was good.

· Registered
766 Posts
I enjoyed the tour... With 5 guys in it to just about the end... I thought the Alpe De Huez stage was great, with Sastre going at the base and many attacks trying to get away... and lots of young riders to watch.

I'll take this 'more human' tour any day than the LA robot version.

I haven't followed any racing all year, ended up fed up after last year... but I couldn't not watch and I was hooked after the 1st week..

And... if VDV didn't have that one bad day... a American could have been on the podium or maybe even in yellow in Paris...

· Registered
1,318 Posts
velomonkey said:
Lance is too busy trying get some hollywood tail and with drug detection programs now his little scam would have been exposed. Landis was the last rider to win with any panache and before that Lance circa 1999 (though 2003 was cool, too). I'd give LA a little more respect if he maybe actually raced paris roubaix or the giro, but I digress.

Evens and Sastre aren't all that exciting either, but the race itself, was good.
Yes, numbnutz, testicular cancer is a performance enhancing drug. You need to loosen your tin-foil hat a bit. Oh, and I'm sure Lance is worried about your respect.

· Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Erm maybe Lance might win. But if Contador was there this time, he'd win it again too. So.....

If Contador raced Lance, now that would be something else.

G

·
LA was a more charismatic and controversial rider than any of the current GC contenders (as were Ullrich and Basso).

Interesting enough - CSC is partly at fault for making tour boring by shredding the peleton - curiously, much like Disco used to do.

It was a good tour none the less. My only dissapointment, really, is that I wanted Evans to win.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
this tour was soooo much better. no foregone conclusion.
plus, lance would have been on astana, which was not in the tour.

and with targeted testing, greater chance for even a false positive, crumbling his entire career. even if it was a false positive.

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
I thought it was the best of the post-lance tours. When you have 5 riders with a chance before the final time trial it makes for a great tour. We can do our comparisons all day long but in the end it's impossible to compare year to year. Except that Eddy would have taken care of all of them.

I prefer to just enjoy it.

· Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Eddy would kick their @sses. Lance and Norris would be off fighting for the chicks while Eddy and Jens rode off into the distance.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.