Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more you think about this vehicle the crazier the concept becomes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That was an interesting video, thanks for posting.

I just got a small sailboat late last summer. I'm still learning the ropes (or lines if you will) but so far it's been a blast. My youngest and I are itching to get it on the water but I need to finish residing my house first. We're looking forward to getting proficient enough to do some island camping with it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That was an interesting video, thanks for posting.

I just got a small sailboat late last summer. I'm still learning the ropes (or lines if you will) but so far it's been a blast. My youngest and I are itching to get it on the water but I need to finish residing my house first. We're looking forward to getting proficient enough to do some island camping with it.
For me a small boat is fun and relaxing but the bigger can be stressful as you eventually end up in a situation where you have to worry about crashing. The little ones, like the sunfish in my pic, bounce off docks generally. The common little flat bottom boats are a blast in how you can pull up the centerboard and the rudder can be lifted and can sail right up the beach. Capsizing is no big deal with the little as well and can easily be righted again.

here’s a guy I met last week prepping for his solo row from Sausalito to Australia. (Makes me more bold to see)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ours is an O’Day Daysailer. It too will bounce off of docks. I know because I’ve done it a couple of times! Thank goodness it is stout and can shake that stuff off. Last fall we took off from the dock once and the boat immediately pointed to another parallel dock with a guy reading and listening to his earbuds. He was a little shocked when I finally got his attention but was cool and helped us out. It’s a little bigger than a sunfish but I can still single hand it and beach it myself with relative ease. The ability to beach it is awesome, We love it so far.

Wow, rowing from CA to Australia that’s quite a journey!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts