Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What struck me by reading the entries were the minor details - struggling to make time to work out, making fun of the Spice Girls, trying to make the world a better place. Tragic.

I can't impart any great wisdom from any of this, except to say you never know when your time is coming. Enjoy every moment, even the trivial ones. And get help for your loved ones who need it, and make yourself safe.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Is there a news report about it? How awful that there didn't appear to be anything unusual.....from her blog, anyway. Could've been putting on a happy face for the readers?

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
After reading the story it makes me uncomfortable to read that blog, it perversely feels like we're violating her privacy.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Henry Porter said:
After reading the story it makes me uncomfortable to read that blog, it perversely feels like we're violating her privacy.
I had a similar intitial gut-reaction, but for a different reason. Blogs are often personal. Do I really want to know more intimately about this person in light of the evil done to her and her family/children? I mean, it's easier to say, "oh how sad and awful and such a tragic thing the poor dear " and just go about drinking wine and perusing threads this evening like I always do. And tomorrow I get to wake up and have family come to visit...sister, mom, niece, nephew...

Now I'm thinking I'll take a deep breath and read it, because it honors her and those she left behind.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Henry Porter said:
I just couldn't read it. Not sure why.......just can't do it. Makes it too personal.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
From her "about me" section in her blog,

"I am a woman, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a lover of many things, a joiner, a questioner, a truth-seeker and a friend."

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Reading a blog isn't the same as reading a diary- she did post publicly after all. And nothing wrong with reading about her life after it ended- keeps her alive in memory.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
. . . . along with her three kids, by her husband. The bodies were discovered today in Maryland. Here is her blog, full of details of her life.

http://whatamisupposedtodonow.blogspot.com/

Very sad.
How do we know this is the same woman? I don't see any personal details that would link this blog to the murder story. Also the blog ends April 1st which is by and of itself kinda fishy. I'm not saying it isn't hers, but how would you know or how did you find out?

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Same names and city listed as on the CNN article. I tried the chris-wood.com site listed near the bottom and it's off line. Last update was 4/1 but she wasn't updating it as regularly as a lot of bloggers. I don't know enough about it to know if someone could set up something like that and backdate the posts, but I'll assume it's real.

And sad. We're now reading it under a different circumstance than why all of it was posted. Not sure how I feel about that, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
kykr13 said:
Same names and city listed as on the CNN article. I tried the chris-wood.com site listed near the bottom and it's off line. Last update was 4/1 but she wasn't updating it as regularly as a lot of bloggers. I don't know enough about it to know if someone could set up something like that and backdate the posts, but I'll assume it's real.

And sad. We're now reading it under a different circumstance than why all of it was posted. Not sure how I feel about that, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
I guess what I find unusual is that the blog is really pretty mundane and not all that interesting. It really didn't even start to hint at there being major problems with the marriage.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
CNN didn't say much other than there might be financial problems. But you're right, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Few blogs that I check out are ones I frequent - some are good but infrequent, some are just not very exciting even if you know the person.

The few that I do frequent would rarely if ever have the writer complaining about personal problems (financial or otherwise), but I never thought about that until now.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I guess what I find unusual is that the blog is really pretty mundane and not all that interesting. It really didn't even start to hint at there being major problems with the marriage.
I would find it unusual to see her actually writing about their issues. Especially a blog that is geared towards family and friends. People in poor situations usually hide what's going on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
How do we know this is the same woman? I don't see any personal details that would link this blog to the murder story. Also the blog ends April 1st which is by and of itself kinda fishy. I'm not saying it isn't hers, but how would you know or how did you find out?
The blog address was listed in the original AP wire story.

I think what I found most compelling in the blog is that she was just another person trying to keep pace with her life while trying to make the world a better place. She was raising money to pick up trash along the roadways, trying to be a good mother, etc. And it all got erased. . . . the blog is the only way any of us would've known anything about this person beyond some lurid headlines.

·
I'm workin' on it....
251 Posts
I saw in the news this morning that they found a few notes left by the husband that allude to financial problems and maybe psychiatric issues. Very sad story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts