Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question...I have a Thomson set back seatpost on my Giant OCR C3 and a Brooks saddle, I have the saddle nose down as far as possible, which makes the saddle almost level, just a hair lower than level. I am experiencing just a little more prostrate preasure than I would like and would prefer the nose just a fuzz lower. I followed the setup instructions, so I believe it is setup correct. Should I just get used to the preasure or is there anything else I can do....? Maybe another seatpost...?? What would one be similar to the Thomson with more range?

·
Banned
14,487 Posts
aboyd said:
Question...I have a Thomson set back seatpost on my Giant OCR C3 and a Brooks saddle, I have the saddle nose down as far as possible, which makes the saddle almost level, just a hair lower than level. I am experiencing just a little more prostrate preasure than I would like and would prefer the nose just a fuzz lower. I followed the setup instructions, so I believe it is setup correct. Should I just get used to the preasure or is there anything else I can do....? Maybe another seatpost...?? What would one be similar to the Thomson with more range?
Let's be counterintuitive. In my experience, the Brooks needs to be nose UP a bit, not down. The setup you describe, with a Brooks, would brutalize my prostate. Try it nose up a bit for one ride.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Second that. I find them most comfortable when the rear of the saddle is flat. This puts the nose up, but creates a stable position for the sit-bones. Tilting the nose level or down would angle the sit-bone area forward, which could cause the rider to slide forward until the perineum is resting on the transition from the rear of the saddle to the nose. Ow.

FWIW, my non-Brooks saddles (e.g. Flite, Concor) are usually set up level.

I'll throw in that on a bike with a lot of saddle to bar drop, a certain Brooks saddles might not be the best choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.