Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or heard why with his new team and kit he doesn't sport his former champ of Norway bands on his collar or sleeves?

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
no. ...

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
He got sick of it?

G

·
He's taken well to the new team though, his form looks pretty strong early this season. Though I remember thinking he was going well at Het Volk (IIRC) last year.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
ibfeet said:
Anyone know or heard why with his new team and kit he doesn't sport his former champ of Norway bands on his collar or sleeves?
Some guys care about that stuff, and some don't. There's a couple of guys out there who don't wear the stripes. Armstrong, for example, stopped wearing rainbow stripes in 2004, supposedly because he said they clashed with the jersey design. He's not wearing them this year either.

G

·
anthony.delorenzo said:
I thought Kurt Asle Arvesen was the reigning Norwegian champ? He was wearing the colors in the tour last year...
Thor as a past champ used to have the flags on his collar and the cuff of his sleeve, similar to the WC stripes that guys like Boonen wear.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's obviously Cervelo policy - Roger Hammond is entitled to wear the stripes of the former British champion, but doesn't.

Maybe there is some official line about it being better for team bonding if everyone wears the same kit.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Justridinalong said:
maybe astana should look into that..
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Rain/cold gear can be whatever the heck they want. Same goes with bikes.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Back to the Subject...in a bit.

uzziefly said:
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Rain/cold gear can be whatever the heck they want. Same goes with bikes.
Uzzi - LOL well marked. Seems like no matter what the topic (it was Thor right?) - someones got to turn the thread into Astana bashing. I'm a Saxo Bank fan, and recall how last year the same thing happened, only it was CSC that took the hits. Sucks to be top dog! :D

Back to the Subject - If I were champion of anything, I would wear the colors. Perhaps Thor doesn't wear them because he is not the current champion of Norway? To quote Highlander "There can only be One!" :)

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
I'll take Yellow, thanks much!

bigmig19 said:
Norwegian flags are much cooler than yellow stripes.
Yeah and Danish flags are cooler than Norwegian, both of which are cooler than Swedish, which in its turn is cooler than Kazakistan...oops. sorry Uzzi...I meant to say Estonia....:D
Come on - give me a break - If I had earned them I'd wear the Yellow - the only thing that trumps yellow in my book is Rainbow.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Champ of Luxembourg

kytyree said:
Speaking of Saxo, I like Schleck's jersey.
Yeah, Champ of Luxembourg jersey. Small country with some great riders! He won it, so he can wear it or choose not to. I agree, its a good looking jersey - like to see those National Champion jerseys mixed in to the peloton - adds a certain pomp and circumstance - as well as more color.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hello, McFly....I was referring to livestrong yellow stripes. I dont believe people even wear yellow stripes as a previous tour winner.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Yellow Stripes for Life?

bigmig19 said:
Hello, McFly....I was referring to livestrong yellow stripes. I dont believe people even wear yellow stripes as a previous tour winner.
Gotta disagree. Seen multiple former winners, incl LA wearing the yellow stripes of the Tour Winner...once you have won it, I guess you can wear them for life...atleast the life of your career.

bigmig19 - You're not referring to the Livestrong bracelet are you?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Huh? Were you referring to me?

I wasn't quoting you at all.

LostViking said:
Gotta disagree. Seen multiple former winners, incl LA wearing the yellow stripes of the Tour Winner...once you have won it, I guess you can wear them for life...atleast the life of your career.

bigmig19 - You're not referring to the Livestrong bracelet are you?
Lance's stripe on his jersey is the LiveStrong stripe actually and the whole Discovery team uses it back then on their jersey.

Same goes for this year's Astana jersey and bibs. The yellow stripe is the LiveStrong indicator.

He used to wear the WC stripes till he decided he didn't want to anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts