Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not all bib tights have a chamois in them some do and some don't.
I was asking about the ones that don't.
If you buy them and wear bib shorts now you are wearing 2 sets of straps on your shoulders and 2 layers of fabric on your tummy.
Maybe I don't want bib tights anymore. I tried some leg warmers the other day but they only stayed up for an hour at a time so they are going back.
I guess I will just get some ordinary tights.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I guess I will just get some ordinary tights.
I just wear a pair of UnderArmor cold-gear leggings over my bibs. They stay up fine. Only issue is snagging on the nose of the saddle once in a while, but thats more of a MTB issue than a road issue.

They're not fancy-euro-bike-tech, but my legs are never too hot or too cold in just about any weather.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I buy bib tights without the chamois, this way I can wear them over bib shorts and don't have to wash the tights every time I wear them.

It does get a little bulky with 2 sets of straps, but I generally only wear tights when it is really cold (< 5 degrees C), so I'm pretty bulked up from a few layers anyways. Otherwise, bib shorts and leg warmers will suffice.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
As others have mentioned, I have:
Bibs with Chamois
Bib Knickers w/ insulation with Chamois
and Bib Tights with no Chamois

Bib Tights are used with either of the bibs or knickers depending the conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.