Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RoadBikeReview Addict
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...between regular pads, used on aluminum clinchers, and carbon pads, used on carbon tubbies, do you switch JUST the pads or did you purchase an extra set of brake shoes/housing and simply swap the entire pad mounted in the shoe/housing out? It seems the latter would be the way to go? If it matters, I'm running DA 9-sp calipers.

Thanks,

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I have an extra set of pads so when I switch I just bolt them on. I pretty much leave the carbon wheels on one bike and rotate bikes but I will occasionally swap them and its a P.I.T.A. to change pads.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I recently replaced the Shimano CF type pads with CoolStop CF pads. The Shimano pads were stuck and removal was very difficult. I could have just cut the old pads away but I wanted to keep them since I am basically a pack rat. I would recommend having multiple pad holders if you are going to regularly change the pads since it would make the swap out much quicker.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have been swapping yellow swiss stop pads for salmon koolstops when I go from carbon to alum wheels.
It is a PITA to get the swiss stops in & out. The Koolstops are so easy.
I want to get some extra pad holders but am looking for BTP carbon ones.
That aside I do have some koolstop carbon pads coming
( thanks Juan )

It would be great if they slide in & out as easy as their salmon ones I use for Alum rims. Then it would not be much hassle at all to swap pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.