Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this here because it doesn't really seem like a 'components' topic. Anyone have any thoughts on any of the newer Adidas shoes? Specifically, the Adistar Ultra? I've ridden a few pairs of shoes in the last four weeks - Sidi Genius 5s (not great, don't know what the big deal about Sidis is), Diadora ProRacers (better, but tongue cut the top of my slender foot), and Nike Poggios (best, but hard to find in my size) - and none has been quite perfect.

I want all day comfort, but this is a race shoe, and I need efficiency, and absolutely no 'play' between my foot and shoe. I also want light; it surprised me a lot (I ride a pretty heavy bike by choice), but I can really feel something different/better in a lighter shoe.

· Registered
138 Posts
I own four pairs of Adidas shoes, however, not the Ultra pattern. I find them all comfortable alternating pairs with each ride. Adidas pattern lasts tend to fit a narrow foot [suiting me just fine]. I also use a performance insole in each pair; just a personal choice. Quality is very good, two pairs have been in my regular rotation for more than four years. The other two are more recent purchases.

· Registered
5,196 Posts
Adidis Shoes

I too am thinking of buying a few pair to rotate. I currently am using Sidis, bought about 3 years ago or so, took the big gulp and bought them for around $180? This was by far the most expensive bike accessory/clothing item of any sport I have ever bought. I don't pay that much for high quality street shoes, let alone something used to pedal a bike. Adidas shoes had always cradled my foot nicely as a sport shoe, selection for Adidas cycle shoes has been very limited. Now the selection is alot better and the price is too. Don't think I'm going with the super high end Adidas, maybe the comp, think it has laces and a lace cover that zips over them. The Sidiz are ultra micro adjustable, at least the model I have, this time around I'm going with something a little cheaper.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
"I've ridden a few pairs of shoes in the last four weeks - Sidi Genius 5s (not great, don't know what the big deal about Sidis is),

Thank you for saying this. I've ridden Shimano's for years, but due to surgery last winter, I now have to wear very wide shoes. Sidi is the only one that makes one wide enough. I bought a pair of Genius. They're all right, but certainly nothing special. I can feel the sole flex, and they weigh a ton compared to the Shimano 151s, which are my favorites.

· Registered
22 Posts
I own the Adistar Ultra's. Had them for about 4 weeks now and they are doing great. The thing I like most about them is the way they feel like a slipper. There isn't a lot of bulk on top of the foot and I find they beathe quite well.

I was really wanting a pair of Northwave Aerator 3's but after trying them on I didn't like the way they felt at all. I wasn't looking at getting the Ultra's but once I tried them on it was over. IMO it's a fine product. :thumbsup:

· Registered
31 Posts
FrankTheDog said:
I own the Adistar Ultra's. Had them for about 4 weeks now and they are doing great. The thing I like most about them is the way they feel like a slipper. There isn't a lot of bulk on top of the foot and I find they beathe quite well.

I was really wanting a pair of Northwave Aerator 3's but after trying them on I didn't like the way they felt at all. I wasn't looking at getting the Ultra's but once I tried them on it was over. IMO it's a fine product. :thumbsup:
Where did you buy your Ultra's from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.