Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
you've been a member since 2006 and this is your first post? :) Search, and you will find lots of discussion on the topic.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Interesting question.
Wonder why no one has brought that up before?

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,144 Posts
Interesting question.
Wonder why no one has brought that up before?
We (they) have, multiple times.

It was unanimously decided that disk breaks will be launched as thousands of deadly spinning circular scalpels, tiny flying saucers of lethal doom, the first time there is a pile up in a road race.

A bloodbath, to be sure, but totally worth it do to the superior modulating afforded by disk breaks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
LOL. this again. Discs are not as dangerous as people think (talking about being deadly spinning scalpels) a spoke and a fork leg make you lose a finger. Pile ups happen all the time in cyclocross, no complaints of severed fingers there. I like disc brakes. I dont have them on my road bike yet because i love the frame i have and its caliper and they are plenty good for everyday riding. When i look for my next road frame, it will probably have discs. Yeah ill have to sale a few wheelsets, but by that time there will be a bunch of new, better, lighter, wider and faster wheels so ill want them anyway. There are very few cyclists i know that dont upgrade there hard parts every few years anyway.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
ASFOS put him up it... must be one of his buddies :D

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I think he was the first to post this question. He just has a very slow internet connection. Isn't that right @notworking. Oh, it'll be mid-2026 before he gets back to us.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
It was unanimously decided that disk breaks will be launched as thousands of deadly spinning circular scalpels, tiny flying saucers of lethal doom, the first time there is a pile up in a road race.
You forgot to throw 'Molten' in there somewhere. C'mon man, think of the children!!

Animation Machine Graphics Cg artwork Animated cartoon

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yes, disc brakes and a Sneaky Pete 40 watt motor. It's on the shopping list. I will zoom down the Highway in the pouring rain alternating between modulating up a storm and turbo boosting with my little Sneaky Pete motor that could.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts