Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. New to cx and thinking about shoes. I've used Addidas then the Mavic Zxellium for the road and enjoyed the fit. Does the mountain side of Mavic shoe line fit similar to the road line? Any reason to stay away from the Rush in particular? They read and look like a good option compared to the more expensive Fury as far as cost, weight and stiffness are concerned. Meaning they are cheap, a touch heavier, but more flexible which will be better for running. To be honest I don't know how important cx people value weight and stiffness. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Rush is a great shoe, sold my Fury's and keep the Rush's
Was the Fury too stiff?

Sadlebred, being new to cx, I'll try them on but short of really using them in cx I don't think it paints a very detailed picture.
edit: ie, are the mounts for the cleats too far forward like the older Mavics? Did Mavic move them back? How does the ratchet hold up? Read they give guys problems but can't figure out why? Easy to run in? etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.