Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on this bike: Wiggle | Battaglin S11 105 2013 | Road Bikes

I'm looking for a really reliable bike that will last. This bike seems like good value at £700 with a Shimano 105 groupset? Can anyone see any issues with the bike? Would I be able to get anything better in this price range? Or would I see a big difference by moving up a price bracket?

Is there anyone that can attest to the battaglin brand?

Really appreciate any thoughts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
You can read some background here about Giovanni Battaglin:
ITALIAN CYCLING JOURNAL: Giovanni Battaglin, Battaglin Bikes, Battaglin Tours

Looking at the USA distributor website I see that the S11 is their low end frameset. It's probably a good bike for the price...also maybe heavier than you might think. It would be worthwhile asking if it's a FULL 105 group...sometimes these sales have a mix of 105 and lower end stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
urgh yeah you're right. Has anyone got recommendations of a bike I should look at? I have a budget of £900. I'm prepared to accept a heavier bike if it means I can get something with a good group set. Would like it to have a Shimano 105 or Campagnolo Athena (or above).

·
Registered
221 Posts
That translates to 853 USD. A Specialized Allez with a Sora drivetrain is 940 MSRP. So it seems like a well equipped bike for the price. You do recognize you are not going to find a 16 lb. bike for 900 pounds?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.