Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a slightly acrimonious exchange between two posters on another thread, one person mentioned that the other had started 51 threads in his time on the forum, and I noticed that that other person had been on the board about a year and had posted about 350 times total. 51 thread starts seemed like a lot. I hadn't realized you could easily check that number, but when I found out how to do it, I got curious about the different rates.

I wondered who might have the record numbers for ratio of starts to posts, and starts per month. I didn't look up many people, but I did check our friend Pittcanna, who has been here almost two years and started about 240 threads, with about 1300 posts. Those are the highest ratios I saw.

I must be the introvert who doesn't start conversations. I've been on here for 11 years, posted about 14,000 times, and only started 92 threads.

I don't know if this is all that interesting, or if the data are really complete. But it made me a little curious about the different usage patterns.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,796 Posts
My profile only shows 62 threads that I started. However, it only goes as far back as 2005.

My guess is less than 80 since I joined back in April 2002.

Yes, I'm the last person that would ever start a conversation at a party.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
I'd be shocked if I've started more than five. I just cruise and then comment when I feel the force.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Bo Jo was an incredible thread starter. If the temp changed a couple of degrees or a celeb died he posted a thread.

·
すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
5,846 Posts
[3] Threads. Started.

I'm a follower, not a leader.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd be shocked if I've started more than five. I just cruise and then comment when I feel the force.
Prepare to be shocked. Your profile shows 119.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
after crunching the numbers, it seems that I start about 1 thread per month.

that seems like plenty...

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I have no idea how many threads I've started, but my Profile shows 400 since 2009.... I've been a member since 2000.

Len

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,933 Posts
For extra cringeworthiness, go back and read your first few threads that you started...

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Well SOMEbody's gotta start the threads!!

I probably have a high number, since I have loads of stupid questions and rants. In life, I'm the one standing in the back corner of the train with my nose in a book.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well SOMEbody's gotta start the threads!!

I probably have a high number, since I have loads of stupid questions and rants. In life, I'm the one standing in the back corner of the train with my nose in a book.
It appears the system shows no more than 400. You have 400 -- since 2010. No telling how many in the 5 years prior to that.

Of course someone has to start them, and I'm grateful to all those who do, so I have someplace to make my inane comments.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Must limit to 400 as that is what I show as my limit. Considering I rarely post here anymore my avg is still 1.98/day which is surprising. I tend to start a lot of stupid threads, attention *****.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Looks like Creaky, Snap and I are at the top of the rep chart, not bad since i am pretty sure the none of us really care, lol.

I got 400 since 2011 I think, and I go back to 2003. I have no problem starting a thread even if i have nothing to say.

But in real live, I am shy and reserved!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts