Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When considering the purchase of a road bike, there are indeed many factors to evaluate. One of which is service life. The long accessibility of a comfortable road bike, that is not only beautiful, but fast and efficient, as well, should be considered as a rare commodity. This is especially so, when the bicycle frames are from stock and sold by local dealers here in America. Here are three of the very best everlasting bicycle frames sold in America: View attachment 282637 View attachment 282638 View attachment 282640

·
9,790 Posts
Motobecane?

ROFLMFAO!!!!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motobecane?

ROFLMFAO!!!!
I have removed the Motobecane Le Champion from the original post, due to the fact that I personally feel that the Lynskey family deserves greater recognition. However, the Motobecane Le Champion Ti has no history or track record of being an unworthy Ti road bicycle, and should be listed near the top in terms of actual value. In fact, most reviews have been quite favorable: Motobecane Le Champion Team Titanium Road Bike Reviews View attachment 282641

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When considering the purchase of a road bike, there are indeed many factors to evaluate. One of which is service life. The long accessibility of a comfortable road bike, that is not only beautiful, but fast and efficient, as well, should be considered as a rare commodity. This is especially so, when the bicycle frames are from stock and sold by local dealers here in America. Here are three of the very best everlasting bicycle frames sold in America:
The GT Ti Edge (top). The SOMA Stainless Steel Smoothie (middle). The Lynskey Cooper (bottom). As featured above...

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Lol

Len

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Laugh if you must. However, I'd be willing to bet that if we removed all head badges and logos. You'd be hard pressed in determining which bike performs the best on test rides. I'd put good money on a well dressed Motobecane Le Champion Ti, any day of the week!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone's trolling again and it's me!

Nonetheless, frame longevity is something that interests me, and in my research I have come across some surprising examples of frames that last much longer or shorter than you would expect, such as a 19th century aluminium bike.
fify ....I'll guarantee you that aluminum framed bicycle is used more as a novelty item and discussion piece, more so than an actual bicycle that someone has ever ridden for any extended period of time. "How do I know that for certain?", you say...Because it's still here! OTOH, we don't really know about its degree of functionality...

·
Decrepit Member
1,811 Posts
Sorry, but I don't believe it's trolling to hold out examples of well built stock production titanium and stainless steel frames as being pretty durable.

While "everlasting" may be hyperbole, the reality is that these examples are likely to provide buyers with reliable and lengthy service.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I have removed the Motobecane Le Champion from the original post, due to the fact that I personally feel that the Lynskey family deserves greater recognition. However, the Motobecane Le Champion Ti has no history or track record of being an unworthy Ti road bicycle, and should be listed near the top in terms of actual value. In fact, most reviews have been quite favorable: Motobecane Le Champion Team Titanium Road Bike Reviews View attachment 282641
yeah, except you'd have to replace the fork every season because it's carbon. Right, Zeet?

From your previous evangelism on the topic I was led to believe you knew better. Guess not. Kind of suprised you'd promote something as inferior as carbon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been riding a Le Champ Ti for five years(been riding road bikes for around 25 years.) If something happened to mine, I'd buy another one. I could probably drop 25k on a bike without catching much grief from my wife, but the Le Champ Ti suits me so well that I doubt I'll ever buy another road bike.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, except you'd have to replace the fork every season because it's carbon. Right, Zeet?

From your previous evangelism on the topic I was led to believe you knew better. Guess not. Kind of suprised you'd promote something as inferior as carbon.
Nope! Built correctly, CF should outlast both steel and Al, in theory...*Stated, as mad scientists quickly return to their calculations for CF service life confirmation*

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry, but I don't believe it's trolling to hold out examples of well built stock production titanium and stainless steel frames as being pretty durable.

While "everlasting" may be hyperbole, the reality is that these examples are likely to provide buyers with reliable and lengthy service.
It's innocuous if taken by itself, but you need to look at it in the context of his typical baseless posts stating that carbon frames will asplode if you so much as look at them, and aluminium frames will all quickly fail from fatigue.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.