Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aged strip steak on the grill, half with tarragon and garlic cooked rare, the other half with rosemary and garlic done medium rare. Green beans with crispy shallots and prosciutto. Shrooms of course, and a cucumber, pepper and tomato salad for some acid to cut the other things.

It worked pretty well. And darned fast to fix too. I love it when a scrounge comes together! :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Crap. If I scrounge in my fridge right now I have:

3 greek yogurts
a teeny bit of left over rotisserie chicken from Saturday
greek olives
half a ham sandwich from Safeway

//looks good doktor.

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
I don't suppose we can trade fridges?

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
We are moving out, so there really is absolutely nothing in mine except condiments, string cheese, and some grapes. I found a think of smoked sausage and made some pancakes with some mix from the pantry and had breakfast for dinner.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
we had black bean falafel (home made from dried beans) on fresh home made (still hot whole wheat pita) with a garlic/yogurt/lemon/tahini sauce with fresh lettuce and slices of tamato.

No leftovers...

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Antonio_B said:
I don't suppose we can trade fridges?
Which fridge? It helps when the basement beer fridge has a whole strip aging in it.

Mostly it was stuff from the garden and farmer's market though. $10 gets us more than enough veg to have a good variety all week. That make it pretty easy to get something together. This just happened to be a really nice mix of things that were not quite what I would normally make.

The beans, I usually do those with bacon, shallot, mushroom, and lemon zest. But no bacon, no lemon, so I swapped some things. Same with the cukes, Just a bit different, but still in the wheelhouse, so to speak.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AlloyNipples said:
We have the same plates.
Clearly you have excellent taste!

That or you got them on sale when LnT went out of business :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I found a frozen Lean Cuisine cheese pizza.

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
Paella...

Chicken, shrimp, artichoke hearts, peas, and onion. bound together with lobster stock and fennel pollen...mmmmmmm. Yes, ad lib....

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
I did the fridge clearing meal when we were on vacation last week.

Scrambled eggs, red potatos and asparagus with a little shredded cheddar. Accompanied by peach turnovers and cold watermelon. Very nice breakfast.

That steak looks great. I pulled a similar recipe from GQ last month. Italian Steak or something like that.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
innergel said:
I pulled a similar recipe from GQ last month.
I never imagined gel as a GQ kinda guy....learn something new everyday

/ nice throw together hoo

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
take out. steak pizza

only ate half of the medium, but man, steak, provolone cheese, white onions, on a soft, chewy crust. tasted guuuddd man. firggin woke up with a smile on my face

i may get a steak from the gourmet shop on broadway ( i like the boneless rib) and go to town wit some fresh garlic, dijon, pepper and herbs this weekend.maybe find some nice greens and cherry tomatoes for side, but that does look good for pot luck, well done

1 - 20 of 24 Posts