Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good route thru Boulder. Heading up to Oskar Blues Brewery in Lyons and I have to the S. Boulder Road/Cherryvale area and beyond Braodway/US 36 to Lyons under control. I can default to Table Mesa/Broadway adn take that thru town, but was wondering if there was a better route?

Thanks,
Sledge

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Sledgehammer03 said:
I'm looking for a good route thru Boulder. Heading up to Oskar Blues Brewery in Lyons and I have to the S. Boulder Road/Cherryvale area and beyond Braodway/US 36 to Lyons under control. I can default to Table Mesa/Broadway adn take that thru town, but was wondering if there was a better route?

Thanks,
Sledge
If you're already at Cherryvale, why go near Broadway if you don't have to? Take 55th North all the way to Valmont--take that West to Folsom and then keep heading N on that till you intersect with 28th st/US36. Various bike paths also would be a decent choice...

When I lived in S Boulder I'd also cut through the campus to folsom and then take that to 36. 13th street is also a good route through downtown all the way to Iris where you can then take the sidewalk up the hill on Broadway--bike lane starts there. Avoid N Broadway between downtown mall and Norwood--no bike lane and lots of traffic.

· Registered
18 Posts
You can also take the bike path from the Cherryvale/Baseline area all the way up to the Pearl/Valmont/55th intersection and then head west to the bike path that parallels foothills. This will dump you out on 47th just south of Iris. Take 47th north to Jay road and then over to 36.

· It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm heading out of Arvada (72nd & Simms).

The goal is to leave a couple hours ahead of Momma and the boys, have lunch and rehydrate with multiple beers, then ride home in the truck :cool:

It's all good :D

· It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
838 Posts
Broadway has got to be the absolute worst route through town. There must be a hundred ways better than that. I would also avoid 28th street south of Jay.

From South Boulder Road and Cherryvale, my choice would be the following:

Cherryvale Road north to Baseline (the Baseline that goes East). Turn left and then take the bike path north, under Arapahoe (after a few blocks on Old Tail Road), past the Stazio ballfields, under 55th, under Pearl, through Valmont Park, under Valmont, west to 47th Street, north to Jay, west to 28th/US36, and north to Lyons.

http://toporoute.com/cgi-bin/bicycl...calls=setNormalView,clearMetric,setFollowRoad

I do this all the time. This is roughly the same route that dteuscher recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.