Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hammer
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the bike path maybe 50% of the time heading into or out of town if I'm going toward rte. 140, because it gets me off that raceway. Over the last couple weeks I have encounter these guys blocking the path. I want to be careful passing by because don't want to clip one and hurt them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dfr619DfVU&t=1s

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Took this path for the first time ever today. It's great. Not just that the path is nice but because there's been many times I wanted to do a ride where I would want to get from Winchendon to Ashburnham or visa versa but scrapped it simply because that stretch of rt 12 sucks to bad and I didn't know another way.

Added bonus today was that there was some big festival at the Clark Memorial with lots of food and I was starving when I got of the path there. So that was nice.

·
Hammer
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I skip on it all the time to get off parts of rte. 12 the raceway. The old trail is a little rougher in some section but it gets you off rte. 140 for a bit. I used to own the bowling center right behind the Clark. You'll have to give me a heads up whenever your riding threw the area, and I can be a anchor for you for a few miles.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Wow that's interesting. I think I remember that bowling place, faintly. I'm from over the border in NH but played youth hockey at the Clark for many years as a kid.

Definitely keeping that in mind. I'll drop you a note though this site if there's a time that would work out. Also, I'll recognize you on the road from your video's here so don't be surprised if some stranger chases you down to say hello.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts