Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the thule Ride on Adapter rack (No. 532)? Its the one that attaches to the your factory rack...I just wanted to see peoples opinions on it. Thanks

Rob

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Yup count me in.

lancerracer said:
Has anybody used the thule Ride on Adapter rack (No. 532)? Its the one that attaches to the your factory rack...I just wanted to see peoples opinions on it. Thanks

Rob

I have it in my 2005 Pathfinder SE. I was supposed to get new feet since getting rid of my last ride (1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee). The problem was Thule didn't have rack feet that fit the unconventional Pathfinder roofrack. So, since the cross bars on the Nissan are quite firm in place (bolted), I bought this Ride on Adapter rack. It's not really my first choice but it worked well. There is a 2 bike maximum on this system and I intend to follow this caveat (2 velovise). I've used it since June 05 and I haven't had any problems with it.

In my opinion, it really depends on the rigidity and strength of your cross bars. I'd still go with the whole system with rack feet if I had a choice.

Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one on my 99 Ford Explorer. It is a good, cheap way to get into a roof rack. I am very pleased with mine, and would buy it again. I even replaced the standard 32" load bars with longer bars (42"). I have had no problem doing so, even while carrying two bikes, or even one bike and one kayak.

Get it...you will not be disappointed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts