Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the 2015 and latter Record components on my old Bianchi Ti Mega Tube. Anyway all went well and I'm love's the new components. Recently though I've developed a ticking that's driving me crazy. It seems to be coming from the BB. Seeing I'm about a thousand miles into the initial install I'm going to re check the torque on the cranks. Anything else come to mind? Maybe Ti specific?

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought it was my BB. I took up about a quarter turn. But it's still there. Funny thing same speed and cadence standing up no noise. I have a Brooks saddle so when I got home I tightened up on that. The seat post binder bolt is tight too. I'll check the cassette next also.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Most frame noises would be there when out of the saddle. So I'd be suspecting the saddle or seatpost. Cleat noise could change too maybe.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
Most frame noises would be there when out of the saddle. So I'd be suspecting the saddle or seatpost. Cleat noise could change too maybe.
This if it goes away with standing. Try a drop of oil on the rail clamps. Also worthwhile to make sure the FD cable or cage isn't brushing on the crank arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts