Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Carrera Adone RC frame and over the years I have grown to dislike the color of it quite a bit (it is a yellow, blue, red mix that just isn't my style at all). My question to all of you Ti owners out there is if I get the paint stripped off of it can I run the frame bare, is there anything that needs to be done to the frame to run it the natural Ti color?

The frame also has a carbon rear triangle so I am a little worried about getting the paint stripped but if I find somone I can trust I think I will get this done. Does anyone have experience with stripping the paint off of a Ti frame???

·
Registered
778 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem running bare Ti. I do it all the time! The only issue I see in doing this to your bike is that it might void your warranty (if you still have one applicable). Removing the paint from the Ti portion should be pretty easy, the carbon part might be a different story. I'd recommend stripping the paint from the Ti part and then painting over the carbon in black or some color of your choosing. Should make for a fun project. Good luck! :)

·
titanium junkie
667 Posts
tjspahr said:
I have an Airborne that is bare Ti; WD-40 seems to do a good job cleaning the frame and prettying it up.
I have used WD-40 before but it leaves a "coating" on the frame when it dry, although I still use it to clean the cleasy stuff. Just hose the frame down with soap and water works fine with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.