Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my carbon seatpost and am thinking about Ti. I have a compact Alu frame that fits and I love and am not replacing - unless you're offering.
So, has anyone ridden both a Ti and Carbon seatpost on the same frame to see which feels better?
I have a syncros (full) carbon post but am looking at a Moots Ti post.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
My guess is you are trying to take out vibration.

But you have an aluminum frame.

You can put all the high tech carbon, ti or even low tech steel on that aluminum frame and that frame will still beat you to death.

Save your money.

TT

·
Banned
181 Posts
I have been riding an Easton Ec 70 for the past 3 years and just installed a Moots post (on my Moots) and I CAN tell the difference. The Moots post is substantially stiffer than the Easton post. I switched mostly for better fit (non-laidback as opposed to layback) and chose a Moots post obviously for aesthetics. I did not expect to be able to feel a difference but the difference is quite noticeable, the flex is now almost all in the seat rails and seat itself.
The EC70 post felt much plusher. The Moost post is great, beautiful and comfy but notable stiffer. It possible that some of the difference is simply a result of the straight vs layback design and not material property.
The best test would be to compare two layback posts on the same stiff frame like the OP s aluminum frame to judge post flex.
Nowadays I switch between the two fww.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.