Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<img src=https://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2008/05/spam.jpg>

<img src=https://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0ai8b1Vdh1qzci53o1_500.jpg>
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
I hope my husband sees this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
il sogno said:
That dish looks disgusting!
C'mon. They saved all the spam jello from the top of the cans, melted it down and molded it. Talk about fancy!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,518 Posts
LWP said:
C'mon. They saved all the spam jello from the top of the cans, melted it down and molded it. Talk about fancy!
It needs a chocolate sauce drizzle over the meats.

blech!

 

·
Le Misérable
Joined
·
4,374 Posts
Has anybody else been to Spam-o-Rama somewhere near Rochester, MN?? I don't think they do it anymore, but it was awe. Or at least I thought it was when I was seven.
 

·
yup
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
We used to do a spamapalooza where I work, every year. My wife made delicious spam truffles and a spam chocolate fondue one year. I can no longer tolerate the smell anymore. It's like when you get food poisoning and you retch a little at the thought of whatever food you ate right before for years later.
I did a spam "sculpture" the last year too- Spam is not a forgiving medium.
 

·
Registered
Escorted from the White House
Joined
·
36,951 Posts
My gf is part-Hawaiian, and says they love Spam over there. Go figure. :skep:

I'd never eat the stuff, tho', unless I was literally starvicating. Even then I'd be like, "So... how long before I'd have to go on an IV drip if I don't eat this stuff?" :idea:
.
 

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
Fried spam and eggs mmmm its whats for breakfast!
 

·
wots...uh the deal?
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
Ibashii said:
Has anybody else been to Spam-o-Rama somewhere near Rochester, MN?? I don't think they do it anymore, but it was awe. Or at least I thought it was when I was seven.
It's over in Austin, but I've never gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_Jam

They used to have a bike race I hear. (Something like 20 miles out and 20 miles back. Flat. In the spring, so it was usually very windy.) So while I don't care for the meat, I don't think badly of it. (Think they should sue to get junk email called something else...or get a royalty from anyone using their trademark)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,713 Posts
Ibashii said:
Has anybody else been to Spam-o-Rama somewhere near Rochester, MN?? I don't think they do it anymore, but it was awe. Or at least I thought it was when I was seven.
Austin, MN, about 40 miles from Rochester, calls itself "Spamtown" It's the home of the original (and still operating) Spam plant. My daughter went to school not far away (in Northfield), and had a good friend classmate from there (she visited once and did the tour). Her friend says not only does the town often smell like Spam cooking, you can sometimes hear the pigs screaming when you walk by the slaughterhouse.

Enjoy your lunch.
 

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
JCavilia said:
you can sometimes hear the pigs screaming when you walk by the slaughterhouse.
That is my ringtone, srsly.
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,611 Posts
JCavilia said:
hear the pigs screaming
Yep my local MUT goes right by the local Jimmy Dean sausage plant. Early morning rides I get to hear the sounds of breakfast being made.

Mmmm sausage.
 

·
Le Misérable
Joined
·
4,374 Posts
mmoose said:
It's over in Austin, but I've never gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_Jam

They used to have a bike race I hear. (Something like 20 miles out and 20 miles back. Flat. In the spring, so it was usually very windy.) So while I don't care for the meat, I don't think badly of it. (Think they should sue to get junk email called something else...or get a royalty from anyone using their trademark)
JCavilia said:
Austin, MN, about 40 miles from Rochester, calls itself "Spamtown" It's the home of the original (and still operating) Spam plant. My daughter went to school not far away (in Northfield), and had a good friend classmate from there (she visited once and did the tour). Her friend says not only does the town often smell like Spam cooking, you can sometimes hear the pigs screaming when you walk by the slaughterhouse.

Enjoy your lunch.


Austin, Rochester, what's the difference??:):)

Thanks for the correction...the mind plays tricks over the years.

I grew up just up the road from Northfield--used to ride my bike there and back on highway 3 in high school--and I spent a lot of time in the library at Carlton. Only two kinds of people in Northfield: is your daughter Carlton or St. Olaf??:) I love the town and would've been happy there...if it hadn't been so close to home.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top