Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I am looking for opinions on latest 2006 Time Edge First and Edge?

anyone owns or has ridden them? Or perhaps 2005 Edge/First? Apart from stem and seatpost and colour what else is different between Edge First and Edge?

I am looking for comfortable and reliable quality ride first and foremost, less worried about the extra 100-150 grams of non-rotational weight.

thanks

·
Life In the big ring
239 Posts
acid_rider said:
hello

I am looking for opinions on latest 2006 Time Edge First and Edge?

anyone owns or has ridden them? Or perhaps 2005 Edge/First? Apart from stem and seatpost and colour what else is different between Edge First and Edge?

I am looking for comfortable and reliable quality ride first and foremost, less worried about the extra 100-150 grams of non-rotational weight.

thanks
There was no 2005 Edge First. It is a new model for 2006.

The first difference is that the Edge First is available as just a frameset, frame, fork, and headset. The Edge is available as a module.. frame, fork, headset, carbon stem and carbon seatpost, all top quality.
Other noteables:
Edge First:
Aluminum steer tube, and "Edge" chainstays (non-reinforced)

The Edge will have an all carbon fork, "Stiff +" chainstays (stiffer than Edge First) and the added goodies.

Overall the edge is going to be stiffer. Either one will be a high-quality, comfortable ride. Click the link to more details
Time Bikes at WS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts