Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Time ATAC XS carbons that i've used for ~20,000km. The left pedal of which now has considerable play, the seals look intact from visual inspection (whatever thats worth) and it didn't get that roughed up weather wise. How long have your Time ATACs lasted for?

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
The carbons should have some allen screws on the ends that you can tighten them back up with. I kept having bearing issues with mine, other than that they were fine.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have the older versions, which have outlasted anything i've ever used with no issues ever. now the springs that hold the cleats are getting quite worn on one or two of the sets i own. but after a few years, i certainly can't complain. and they just keep going.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Every pair of ATACs (except the Alium and a really old pair I got off eBay) have developed a "click" with every pedal stroke after a while. I found that replacing the bushing helps with this but not for too long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rebuild

Your LBS should be able to get you new bushings and bearings. My one gripe with these pedals is they basically have one set of bearings and a bushing in each. I have rebuilt mine with no real problem, solved the play I had in the pedals.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have ATACs on all my bikes so now is a good time to get acquainted rebuilding them. The ones on the MTBs have been going for years, but i suspect the mileage on the road bikes really wears them down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.