Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been riding my CAAD3 since 2001 and have a few thousand miles on it. I really like Cannondale and have been looking at some new ones. I'm about to start test riding some new bikes and wanted to see what everyone thinks about what I should get. I'm looking at spending around $3000-$3500 for a new whip. Carbon maybe, I'm going to dallas soon to look at some BLUE bikes and test them out maybe because no one rides them around here. I like being different. I usually ride around 100-150mi a week and plan on doing some centuries this summer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeepster

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
Are you asking for suggestions on bikes that are different? Or just for people to tell you that a Blue is the bike you want?
I'll tell you about some great lesser known bikes though for sh*ts and giggles.
If you like aluminum, like your Cannondale, Co-Motion will build you a really nice aluminum frame. Kitted out with a nice midrange parts package will probably be about 3500. You won't see anyone riding those. Maybe look at a Salsa Podio too for nice aluminum.
There are tons of great small shops that makes sweet steel rides. Salsa, Vicious, Gunnar, Bilenky, Co-Motion, VooDoo ect.
For Carbon, the options are limitless. The Ibis Silk is a great value bike and there aren't many out there.
Lots of superb bike besides Blue for a bike that you will rarely see another of the same make on the road.

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
MarvinK said:
I can't imagine recommending a co-motion over a CAAD9... sorry, they're just not better.
[/url]
I'd recommend most brands over Cannondale, road or mountain. Few things about that brand impress me. But too each his own, no need to start a war. He wanted something different, Cannondale is not different. I find my buddies Co-Motion to be an excellent ride and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the brand. Their name is pretty lame though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like my Cannondale, was thinking about another, maybe a carbon. All I have owned is Cannon, and I know there are a lot of other bikes out there. Plus with Cannondale's recall on the spoke protectors I don't know if I trust them any more......lol. Seriously, in town the only bikes I can test ride are Specialized, Felt, Orbea, Treck. My LBS is still a Cannondale seller, but don't do that much buisness with them, they say they were having a hard time with their customer support. I dont know. If I'm going to test some others I will have to go to Dallas/Ft. Worth to look at some more.

Thanks for the advice

·
TheHeadlessThompsonGunner
523 Posts
Rubber Lizard said:
I'd recommend most brands over Cannondale, road or mountain. Few things about that brand impress me.
+1. I don't know what it is, either, but I've never liked Cannondales.

Rubber Lizard said:
Their name is pretty lame though.
They're a tandem company, you know... So, yeah, it's pretty lame until you consider the fact that they're mostly building bikes for, uh...two.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ride everything

I'm in the market for a new, (much less expensive) ride. It is a fun place to be. Just ride everything . You'll know which is best. I, personally, use to love Cannondale. But if I was looking to spend that kind of coin, I would check out everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.