Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of time impact mag ti pedals. I've pulled my foot twice in sprints this last weekend in races. I know that it is probably time for new cleats but how much luck has anyone had with adjusting the spring release tension. It looks like you just put an allen key in the opening at the side of the pedal and crank it up. Anyone have advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
That is correct

The tension adjustment is the allen bolt on the outside of the pedal. You crank it up for greater tension but you will also lose free float. It's probably the cleats. Once the back metal cam starts to wear, it goes quickly.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Thanks. It probably is the cleats and I'll replace them. I haven't crashed yet but I don't want to and it is a bad feeling worrying that you might pull you foot. I'll also crank the tension a bit. The pedal has a graphic near the allen key adjustment with bars that go from small to larger. I'm guessing that I turn it toward the bigger bars for more tension. Does that sound right to you?

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Yes, turn it a few times and you'll figure it out. Watch the three different depth cams on the axle, the shallowest cam is the stiffest setting. Try the new black cleats as they are more adjustable.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
time impact cleats

Thanks - I've heard different things about the compatibility with the newest time pedal (VXR??) cleats and impact cleats. Are the black cleats to which you refer impact cleats or the VXR (or whatever they're called) cleats? Thanks.

·
off the back
15,581 Posts
the new Time cleats will work with the Impact pedals, but Impact cleats will not work with the new Time RXS pedals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts