Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this gets asked often, but I searched and its been many months so things might have changed a little.

My trusty old Cat Eye won't fit on my new carbon fork so its time to upgrade.

I don't care about cadence or anything fancy. I just want it to be wireless and have a large screen so that I can easily read it while riding.

Ideas?

· brownish
241 Posts
If you run Shimano which is compatible with Shimano's Flight Deck computer then I'd say go that route because of the integrated buttons on the hoods. I use the Flight Deck and love it. Large numbers and screen, cadence, gear indicator, data for up to four bikes and the integrated buttons are several of the features I like.

· Registered
156 Posts
I've had my Cat Eye CC-CD300DW for a year now and it has performed flawlessly! It does have cadence which I have come to rely on during climbs. It has been in the heat of summer and in the rains of mid-winter centuries with pouring rain. Plus, the sensor is on the rear wheel so if you don't switch the rear wheelset for the trainer, you have the benefit of data during indoor training. I highly recommend this one!

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Well, I'm a techno-freak but I love my new Garmin Edge.

Coming home, layering in my ride on Google Earth, checking the grades and my speed at the time, lots of other fun things you can do with it.

But that may be a bit more than you're looking for.

· Banned
1,844 Posts
stay away from vetta wireless.....

I've had one for 2 yrs- problems problems problems- cuts out in the cold, batteries dont last very long, computer mount had to be replaced- not to mention their customer service asked me to call back later in the day and the schmuck went out for a ride 15 min before the time he told me to call back!

No more vetta for me- on to garmin!

· Registered
425 Posts
Cateye Micro Wireless

it is a solid computer that never skips a beat. I have had mine for well over a year and it has never given me a single problem or lost signal ever. That is more than I can say for any wired computer I have owned! Absolutely solid. Put it on and forget about it.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.