Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the chaos surrounding this year's Tour, it's nice to see that the Discovery team isn't even mentioned. Regardless if they're clean or not, you've got to give them a lot better chance of pulling out a GC win or podium.

Full team, all the big names, and a clear concious...

·
Registered
36 Posts
regan said:
With all the chaos surrounding this year's Tour, it's nice to see that the Discovery team isn't even mentioned. Regardless if they're clean or not, you've got to give them a lot better chance of pulling out a GC win or podium.

Full team, all the big names, and a clear concious...

It could have been their doctor that got busted instead. Blind luck, not clear concience.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
snowbound said:
It could have been their doctor that got busted instead. Blind luck, not clear concience.
The most high profile team in cycling over the past eight years, the most tested athlete in the history of mankind, and not a thing found wrong. And when LeBlanc, Lemond, L'Equipe, etc choose to spend their energies on wild goose chases and image smear campaigns, it's only themselves that wind up being discredited.
Saying their clean record is solely due to blind luck is as delusional as saying all pro riders are clean. At some point you have to shut off the wild imagination, fantasy scenerio mindset, (it could be this, maybe, perhaps, possibly, exclusive access to a unknown super drug,) and deal with the fact alone. After that, then maybe you can resume following cycling as a sport instead of making a sport out of discrediting Lance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jesse D Smith said:
After that, then maybe you can resume following cycling as a sport instead of making a sport out of discrediting Lance.

Touchy there? Did I even mention lance? I admit though, their clean record is not solely due to blind luck. Good, even excellent, planning went into it.

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
oh man

YOU MUST BE JOKING.

They all dope. You have a list of high profile names, one of which just won a GT by several minutes, possibly the greatest margin in nearly a decade and now, let me guess, gee, it sure is great its all jake at Disco.

Oh, wait, here comes the good ship lollipop. AND THE BEATLES ARE SINGING MY SONG.

Give me a break. BUT THATS NOT ALL: Millar is back in and he is awfully pleased to see things to where he can ride again. Another whiny cheat who got caught.

·
TPS reports by 5, people.
522 Posts
snowbound said:
This is the correct answer - either that or, they spent the big dollah so that no one would get caught. I mean, it's worked for LA all these years, right?

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Okay, people who still think there are clean pro cyclists winning races, it's that time now: take your head out of your ***!
Because of your clear, logical argument here?

I think it is likely that everyone is doping, but you don't exactly present a solid case.

(Johan deserves a raise for making sure his team doesn't go to the same dr as everyone else)

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is just a case of all the "Lance-haters" being called out for their favorites finally being exposed for doping.

Cry, cry, cry...

Its what you get for attacking Lance every second you get.

Where are your stars now?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Weren't the Lance years the fastest TdF's ever? Faster even than during the infamous EPO years. And to think last year everyone and their dogs were absolutely clean and still they managed to be stronger and faster than riders on EPO. Yeah right.

What was it that Manzano said? More believers now?

·
Banned
923 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if the Italian police had had Dr Ferrari under closed circuit TV surveilance for a year? To suggest that Dr Fuentes is the only bad apple doctor in the sport is bollox - and if you think that the sport is now all cleaned up then you're naive.

To say that this somehow proves that Armstrong and US Postal are squeaky clean is disingenuous at best - they simply had the great good fortune to work with a different doctor. And, just for the sake of accuracy, Benoit Joachim tested positive, was sacked by US Postal and then discreetly rehired...

·
LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
coreyb said:
when claiming others have their heads up their asses? yes.

or maybe i am just a sucker for logical constructs preceding insults.
My english expression droor is not the fullest and by no mean I intended to insult anyone, let me rephrase more politely:

People who still think there are clean pro cyclists winning races are a bit naive. I think they were naive a month ago, and with all the news right now, I can't believe some still think there are clean racers at that level. And yes I include Lance. I'm not a Lance hater, I believe those I root for to be doped as well.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Jesse D Smith said:
The most high profile team in cycling over the past eight years, the most tested athlete in the history of mankind, and not a thing found wrong. And when LeBlanc, Lemond, L'Equipe, etc choose to spend their energies on wild goose chases and image smear campaigns, it's only themselves that wind up being discredited.
Saying their clean record is solely due to blind luck is as delusional as saying all pro riders are clean. At some point you have to shut off the wild imagination, fantasy scenerio mindset, (it could be this, maybe, perhaps, possibly, exclusive access to a unknown super drug,) and deal with the fact alone. After that, then maybe you can resume following cycling as a sport instead of making a sport out of discrediting Lance.
Were any tests on Ivan Basso/Ulrich in the Giro? Sevilla? Simoni?

They all seemed to pass. Just the same was LA passed.

If they can't test for it.. everyone looks clean.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
desmo13 said:
More believers now...

There has to be some. You have to believe that some people play by the rules. You also hope/believe your favorites are playing by the rules. If you think no one is, then there is no interest left. No reason to compete at all.
They are ALL playing by the rules.

Here are the rules:

You can dope as much as you can, as long as you don't get caught. Sort of like a contest of who can whisper the loudest.

If caught, deny, deny, deny. But don't be surprised if your team management dumps you and acts all surprised.

If they still nail you - you miss a couple of years and come back. Maybe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.