Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yep, I work at a major outdoor retailer. We can't keep them in stock. They fly out the door as soon as they come in. In fact they seldom even make it out to the sales floor. They are bought up online before they make it out to the floor.

With all of the gyms being closed, the exercise equipment is selling just as fast.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
My LBS is slammed busy and they aren’t even open to store traffic!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The article headline is "Bicycle sales surge as Americans seek to avoid mass transit and get exercise" and yet the picture shown is a rider in Paris, France. :skep:

With all of the gyms being closed, the exercise equipment is selling just as fast.
Dumbbell price has quadrupled including used ones. :eek:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The article headline is "Bicycle sales surge as Americans seek to avoid mass transit and get exercise" and yet the picture shown is a rider in Paris, France.
Screw-up? In the print version of the newspaper the picture is local

·
Administrator
12,927 Posts
"again"

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Dumbbell price has quadrupled including used ones. :eek:
I wanted to get my wife and I a set of dial-a-weights for xmas but sticker shock drove me away. We're hoping to find some used ones at a good price in a couple months now that our gyms are opening up.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You may want to do it before the fall. If corona comes back and the gov decides to quarantine again...
Yeah. Myself and most of my friends fully expect that to happen fairly soon after tourist season begins. Yellowstone Park is opening up the gates in Montana on June 1st and we're already seeing loads of out-of-state plates on the highways.

In fact, after about a month of 0-4 new cases per day, a group of 6 tourists tested positive yesterday, and 30 people that they came into contact with are now under quarantine.

I'm glad I held onto the old-school weights my uncle gave me when I was a kid. My wife and I set up a pretty decent workout space in our spare bedroom. Adjusting the bars for different weights is a hassle though.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,944 Posts
It sure is more fun than hoarding TP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts