Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2005 VX-Edge non trasnlink version and the Time spirit seatpost what comes with the frame is both heavy and has set back. My dilema is that i would like a post with zero setback but the seatpost is an unusual diameter 29.2. I am unable to find a seatpost in this diameter. The only thing I can think of doing is going for an Easton EC90 zero but i would require a shim. I contacted Time and they said use of a shim is not adviseable. Im just wondering if anybody out there is usuing a shim with a Time module and has it caused any problems.

Many Thanks

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Colonel_Klink said:
I currently have a 2005 VX-Edge non trasnlink version and the Time spirit seatpost what comes with the frame is both heavy and has set back. My dilema is that i would like a post with zero setback but the seatpost is an unusual diameter 29.2. I am unable to find a seatpost in this diameter. The only thing I can think of doing is going for an Easton EC90 zero but i would require a shim. I contacted Time and they said use of a shim is not adviseable. Im just wondering if anybody out there is usuing a shim with a Time module and has it caused any problems.

Many Thanks
It's so strange that the '06 Edge and the '05 VX-Edge use a 29.2 post because the VXS and VXR use a 27.2 post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is odd, its the only thing that has dissapointed me about the bike, other than that i love it, so do you think the use of a SHIM woud be ok, any experince using shims with carbon frames or lugged carbon frames?

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Colonel_Klink said:
Yeah it is odd, its the only thing that has dissapointed me about the bike, other than that i love it, so do you think the use of a SHIM woud be ok, any experince using shims with carbon frames or lugged carbon frames?

Sorry, I don't but I'd heed the advise from Time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts