US Crit Champion Tina Pic (Colavita/Sutter Home) made her Stars & Stripes proud on Sunday, winning her second stage, the final criterium at the Mt Hood Cycling Classic. Pic outsprinted Joanne Kiesanowski (Tibco) and Jeannie Longo, riding for the composite team River City Racing to cross the line first after a week of racing in Oregon.

Tina Pic (Colavita/Sutter Home) outsprints Joanne Kiesanowski (tibco) and Jeannie Longo to win final stage at Mt Hood

"I have to say that was a bit painful, fifth stage in the race. I was hot and I was struggling to get to the finish because I got a bad start. Jeannie [Longo] was going for the finish, it was pretty impressive, wow, but I got her." said Pic.

Canadian Julie Beveridge (Aaron's) kept the leader's jersey even though she crashed in the last 100 meters, as she was given the same time as the field.

"A little bit, after the time trial it definitely was, it's still sinking in." said Beveridge when asked if she understood the importance of this win.

By finished second and grabbing important time bonus seconds, Longo jumped to second place on GC ahead of three-times Mt Hood winner Leah Goldstein (ValueAct). To keep things in perspective, the 49-year old Longo had already won three World Road Championship before Beveridge was born in 1988.

Podium (l-r): Jeannie Longo, Julie Beveridge (Aaron's), Leah Goldstein (ValueAct)

The pace was high from the start in the technical criterium held in downtown Hood River. The final 50-minute stage had tight corners over a 1mile loop that started off with a sharp right hand turn, quick descent into a left hand curve followed immediately by a shard right hand turn coming back nearly 120 degrees. Then a long flat straight to gather speed, before a series of three 90 degree right hand turns and then a left brought the riders back the start/finish line.

Pic was stuck behind a rider at the start line and had to work her way up to the front, and credits her team for covering all moves and helping her out.

"I have to say that was a bit painful, fifth stage in the race. I was hot and I was struggling to get to the finish because I got a bad start, somebody was fumbling around with their pedals and I was like 'ooh'. This course is tough because there's not a lot of sections where you can move up except the long hilly spot so it took me a long time to get to the front, it was tough. But, man the team was covering everything so I didn't have to worry." said Pic.

Keeping the tempo high was Kiesanowski getting the sprints points as she finalized her hold on the Sprinter's jersey. Then with a few laps remaining, Longo came to the front to start her assault to the finish line.

Julie Beveridge (Aaron's) on Jeannie Longo's wheel

"Jeannie Longo was starting to get aggressive in the last few laps and it fell to me... but it was nice and fast and my teammates were always there so it was great." said Beveridge.

Kim Anderson, riding for the composite team Discover Bicycles/Athletes for a Cure, also gave it a go in the final laps and managed to get a small gap before being reeled in by the Colavita/Sutter Home team.

"At the end, when Kim Anderson went, Kristin [McGrath] brought it bad, and Tiff[any Cromwell] did this amazing leadout so it's an awesome teamwork. And Iona [Wynter] was covering all day, which she always does, she's like the energizer bunny, she's awesome."

At the end, Pic outspinted everyone to conclude the MT Hood Cycling Classic.

With no QOM points, the only thing that Leigh Hobson (Cheerwine) had to to do was to finish safely which she did.

Canadian Leigh Hobson (Cheerwine) wins the QOM jersey

"It was a challenge for the team, we were really trying to get the team GC. I took myself out of the prologue and that sort of set the tone for the week, I switched my goal a little bit for the [KOM] jersey and to get the team GC up there." said Hobson.

New Zealander Joanne Kiesanowski (Tibco) wins the Sprints jersey

The Aaron's team won the overall team classification ahead of Cheerwine and Colavita/Sutter Home.

Aaron's team ready to defend the yellow jersey, also win the best team classification

Top 10 Stage Results
1 Tina Pic (USA) Colavita / Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light 48.02
2 Joanne Kiesanowski (NZl) Team TIBCO
3 Jeanie Longo-Ciprelli (Fra) River City Racing
4 Kelly Benjamin (USA) Cheerwine Cycling
5 Catherine Cheatley (NZl) Cheerwine Cycling
6 Anne Samplonius (USA) Cheerwine Cycling
7 Leah Goldstein (Can) ValueAct Capital Cycling Team
8 Tiffany Cromwell (USA) Colavita / Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light
9 Felicia Gomez (Can) Aaron's Professional Women's Cycling Team
10 Tricia Bailey (USA) Wines of Washington

Beveridge getting the yellow jersey, road rash and all.

Top 10 Final General Classification
1 Julie Beveridge (Can) Aaron's Professional Women's Cycling Team 9.51.40
2 Jeanie Longo-Ciprelli (Fra) River City Racing 0.11
3 Leah Goldstein (Can) ValueAct Capital Cycling Team 0.13
4 Mara Abbott (USA) Discover Bicycles/Athletes for a Cure 0.27
5 Joanne Kiesanowski (NZl) Team TIBCO 1.43
6 Anne Samplonius (USA) Cheerwine Cycling 1.51
7 Felicia Gomez (Can) Aaron's Professional Women's Cycling Team 2.23
8 Tiffany Cromwell (USA) Colavita / Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light 3.00
9 Leigh Hobson (Can) Cheerwine Cycling 3.35
10 Rachel Heal (GBr) Team TIBCO 3.36

Full Results here.