Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Souke Sports - Where Cycling Gear Meets Fashion
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I hope this is good way to keep my cycling memories. :D I will use this thread to highlight the important moment and cycling feedbacks. :D

Yesterday, I visited several stores, and after I did some investigation, I finally decided on my bike:
Wilier's carbon frame + Shimano 105 group+rim brake design. It will be almost the same as the one bike below, except it is a disc brake below. How do you think it as my first road bike?
I should have this in stock within one week, later I will begin training. :D Any advice?
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Advice-just make sure you buy the correct size, and it fits.
Thank you Peter! Yes I went to the store, and I ordered XS, should fit my size. When the bike arrive, the owner will also adjust the size for me accordingly,. :p

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would help to know what are you training for?
I am a totally newbie, and I wanna join the group ride next Spring, they are all experienced. I hope I won't be too far away behind the group. :)

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would get disk brakes, they are way better and you can run bigger tires.
Hi Duriel, thanks for the input, as a newbie. I did some research on the brakes as well, for now, I will stay with the rim as I already purchased. Maybe in few years I will upgrade the bike. :D

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please do,! You can learn a ton on RBR!! Your experience riding will have a HUGE impact on your product recommendations. HUGE!!

Your first bike purchase is just perfect. It’s a frame and components you can ride for your whole life. Of course you can upgrade, but you will never NEED to upgrade. You are taking these first steps exactly right!

So, for me, riding has never been about fitness... I ride out of a love for the sport of road cycling. I train for the few races I’ve done, and it fuels riding....Well, on a relevant note, it’s a weird world but it’s we all here at RBR share.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your words just so supportive! That is why we love forums! Meet so many knowledgeable person with warm heart! I am already in love with Road cycling!

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Congrats on getting your magic carpet, (beautiful ride). Highly recommend a proper fitting, (unless the LBS has someone trained). I see many folks with saddles too high, to stretched out, etc. Just moving your saddle a few milimeters up, down, for or aft, can make a big difference, as can a handlebar stem that's too long or short. Even moving my cleats back a bit on my shoes gave me more power. Which btw, if you've not ridden clip-in pedals, practice on grass or dirt if possible, or in non crowded areas, (you don't want to scratch that lovely ride! And, I'd imagine you already know the importance of a good pair of bib shorts. Also, wear gloves in case to go down, and for added shock absorption. And lastly, be noticeable, including a good tail-light and bright colors. Happy riding,
Thanks pranarun! The owner of the shop is an experienced racer, and the assistant of him use to hold many race competitions, so I trust them, also I will go to the store today to help adjust the size. ;)

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I went back home the weekend and miss picking my Bike, the store owner sent me the Bike pictures, wow, I am excited! I will go pick it during the Lunch time today! Now I got my helmet, got my meter, got the shoes, etc, and ready to go!
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Footwear Walking shoe Sportswear Outdoor shoe Fashion design
Footwear Shoe Outdoor shoe Walking shoe Sportswear
Bicycle helmet Helmet Sports gear Material property Composite material
Automotive lighting Computer keyboard Goggles Eyewear Automotive design

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Funny how I assumed you were male because the Souke model in your avatar is male. Oh well, now I know.
Haha! As I represent the brand, I use the brand model picture as my avatar. ;)

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That’s a sweet first bike! I’m looking forward to updates!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks PBL. I will try my best to update in time. :p

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Then again, if I had just looked again at the title of this thread, I would have seen your name is Tina. DUH!!! I'm really becoming an airhead in my old age! o_O
Haha, you make me laugh again!

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So I got my bike yesterday. My husband left me at the store, then I had the chance to cycle back home alone. I have to say, I will still have a long way to go!
Right now, I can easily go, but when I need to stop, it is a bit hard for me. Will need to practice. Also, from last night ride and this morning ride, I realize how important bike fit it is, as it seems my saddle is bit high, will need to adjust again.
Also, I feel it personally how we really need the bike shorts as well as the gloves. haha! Since I didn't wear my bike shorts for just a short distance ride, I already feel the saddle sore. And the hand will be little hurt, I really need to put the padded gloves on. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts