Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Souke Sports - Where Cycling Gear Meets Fashion
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Why are aren't there any people in your pictures?
I ride alone, there aren't too many group ride during the winter and also I am a new guy, so haven't join any cycling group yet. :D If you want some people picture, that would be myself only, haha!

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
None in mine. I’m not a selfie kind of guy. So pics are the bike wherever I happen to stop.

OP, those rides are getting longer and longer (way to go!!!). Time for the second bottle cage!!
Thanks PBL450, yeah,.it is difficult for me to take great riding picture since I ride alone, haha! And I found the bikes in different place looks better than me. :D
When the temp getting warmer, we get more colorful jerseys to wear, maybe I want to share more pictures of my own, ;)
Thanks to Strava, I joined several challenges, it really help we grow.

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
First time group ride last Wednesday night, they are really really fast, average speed over 30km/h, I am at. 23km/h, though I am the last one in the group, but my average speed also increased, used to be around 18-20km/h. Hopefully more group riding and I can finally catch up someday
💪
💪
💪

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Wheel Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel Tire
Map Font Slope Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
23,049 Posts
First time group ride last Wednesday night, they are really really fast, average speed over 30km/h, I am at. 23km/h, though I am the last one in the group, but my average speed also increased, used to be around 18-20km/h. Hopefully more group riding and I can finally catch up someday
💪
💪
💪
Awesome. Congrats... you're really addicted now (y)

You are probably strong enough to keep up with them right now. But being new to group riding, it will take you some time to learn to ride safely at close distances to other riders. Once you can do that, you can benefit greatly from drafting other riders and will keep up no problem.
Study the other riders. Learn who are the most consistent riders. The ones who don't do dumb stuff. The ones who ride a nice steady pace in straight lines. The ones who communicate well. Those are the ones you want to learn to ride close to.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Wait, is that an Assos bib you are wearing? Haha

Wow, great job! You are getting stronger quickly! Very cool!

Reactions: Souke-Cycling

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
What we do on group rides, is divide the groups up to A,B, C levels, and leave in order about 1 min apart. That way everyone has a small group of partners to ride with. And it is very difficult to stay with the A's unless you really, really, want to go hard, and some days it just isn't there.
It looks pretty flat there, if you had hills the group separation would naturally happen. Without hills, everyone trys to hang on to the A's, that's what I do anyway. On a hilly ride I end up as you alone between the A's & B's.

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Awesome. Congrats... you're really addicted now (y)

You are probably strong enough to keep up with them right now. But being new to group riding, it will take you some time to learn to ride safely at close distances to other riders. Once you can do that, you can benefit greatly from drafting other riders and will keep up no problem.
Study the other riders. Learn who are the most consistent riders. The ones who don't do dumb stuff. The ones who ride a nice steady pace in straight lines. The ones who communicate well. Those are the ones you want to learn to ride close to.
Thank you TLG, :D Still a long way to go, many stuff to learn and practice,

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Wait, is that an Assos bib you are wearing? Haha

Wow, great job! You are getting stronger quickly! Very cool!
Haha, no, I wear SOUKE, our own bib legging. haha!
Thank you for the kind words, I tried to not fall behind a lot! But still need to practice a lot!

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
What we do on group rides, is divide the groups up to A,B, C levels, and leave in order about 1 min apart. That way everyone has a small group of partners to ride with. And it is very difficult to stay with the A's unless you really, really, want to go hard, and some days it just isn't there.
It looks pretty flat there, if you had hills the group separation would naturally happen. Without hills, everyone trys to hang on to the A's, that's what I do anyway. On a hilly ride I end up as you alone between the A's & B's.
Haha, I am very poor at climbing, when climb I can only get around 10~15km/h. That's something I need to practice a lot. Also the club I ride in do have many pro cyclists, some of them are doing race also, most of them have over 8 years cycling experience. I only got like two months, haha!

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,180 Posts
Haha, I am very poor at climbing, when climb I can only get around 10~15km/h.
There is only one way to get better at climbing.....and that is to do lots of climbing. Keep up the riding and improvement will come. 👍

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Haha, no, I wear SOUKE, our own bib legging. haha!
Thank you for the kind words, I tried to not fall behind a lot! But still need to practice a lot!
Haha, I know, I was just busting your chops. You are doing great on the bike!

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
There is only one way to get better at climbing.....and that is to do lots of climbing. Keep up the riding and improvement will come. 👍
Thank you, I agree with that. :D

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Happy women’s day ride!
🚴🏽‍♀️

It is not about speed today, it is all about practicing lock and unlock the shoes , had two falls, but finally get the tricks
💪
, very beautiful Spring view though
😊

Bicycle helmet Skin Smile Helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle helmet Helmet Flower Plant
Leg People in nature Wood Gesture Grass

Flower Sky Twig Plant Natural landscape
Ecoregion Map Product Font Terrestrial plant

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
So I finally finished my first 100km ride, and get a 120km ride at last, last Sunday. All happened unexpected, meet a group of cyclists who do not ride road bike, but fixed gear bike. But they are fast and friendly to ride with. We had the same target, to ride a circle of the city greenway road. A circle is around 100km, plus the distance from where I live, together I got 120km.
The temp was very nice, around 20C, not too hot, not cold. We talk and ride, and take pictures, it was really a pleasant ride.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Sky Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

Font Rectangle Line Slope Parallel

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,180 Posts
120km? Wow, I'm impressed! You really are progressing quite fast!

·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
120km? Wow, I'm impressed! You really are progressing quite fast!
Thanks Lombard, I always wanna try out a 100km ride, luckily this time I found these guys, they are really supportive and speed not that fast, so I can finally enjoy the group ride and finish this traget.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts