Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this saddle yet. The idea makes perfect sense, just wondering how the execution is. I am about to order one but thought I would seek soem input first from anyone who has actually sat on one.
https://www.tiogausa.com/

·
Registered
155 Posts
So 24601, have you recieved it, whats it like?
I am considering one myself, gone through all the favourites everyone finds comfy, Arione, Toupe, SLR and find them all painfull after 3hrs.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, no I haven't. After not getting any feedback here I had decided to wait, then I talked to my LBS. They had seen and liked it, and we talked about ordering it. Short story is that it hasn't quite happened yet.

Anyway, now I have a big ride coming up this weekend, and I had decided a few weeks back to at least wait until after this ride. This does remind me that I need to talk to them again.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Interesting - sort of like the saddleco.

Not thinking much about Tioga recommending annual replacement, unless it's seriously cheap.

·
Registered
155 Posts
danl1 said:
Interesting - sort of like the saddleco.

Not thinking much about Tioga recommending annual replacement, unless it's seriously cheap.
Right now im not so bothered about frequency of changing a saddle, i just want a saddle which doesnt cripple me after 35-40 miles. Id consider a park bench if i thought that i could shuffle around without looking like John Wayne.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
24601 said:
Has anyone tried this saddle yet. The idea makes perfect sense, just wondering how the execution is. I am about to order one but thought I would seek soem input first from anyone who has actually sat on one.
https://www.tiogausa.com/
My worry would be that with all thouse holes, it would be like riding on a Gelflow Saddle on steroids - I've heard that the more perforated (I guess that's the word) saddles are kind of harsh on bike shorts, I'd guess that this would eat bike shorts for breakfast. Definitely not something I would wear Assos on... If you get this saddle you might want to make sure that your cycling wardrobe has multiple pairs of shorts that are known to last.(Voler), as opposed to something thinner and more prone to piling, etc. (IE Assos, PI Micro (it feels like it could be) and Santini (from what I've heard))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts