Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have Mich Pro Race 2 tires... I see small cuts on the 'tread' area...about 1/4" long. Just a few of them. When do I change tires? When do cuts become something to be concerned about? What's the 'rule'???

·
Registered
21,831 Posts
Superglue?

Psychler said:
So, I have Mich Pro Race 2 tires... I see small cuts on the 'tread' area...about 1/4" long. Just a few of them. When do I change tires? When do cuts become something to be concerned about? What's the 'rule'???
Some people use superglue or Shoe Goo to heal tread cuts. Others just let them go. You don't have to worry unless there is a bulge in the tire, which indicates some cuts in the casing threads. At that point you could boot the tire to make it last. Some throw out tires based on appearance. Me, I wait until I start to see some casing threads showing through the tread rubber.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kerry Irons said:
Some people use superglue or Shoe Goo to heal tread cuts. Others just let them go. You don't have to worry unless there is a bulge in the tire, which indicates some cuts in the casing threads. At that point you could boot the tire to make it last. Some throw out tires based on appearance. Me, I wait until I start to see some casing threads showing through the tread rubber.
I like the Shoe Goo idea. I will p/u some. I suppose I will deflate the tire, put in some glue, inflate when dry...nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.