Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tire on my trainer is making a huge mess. There is black dust all over the bike, trainer and area that I workout. Do they make any type of special tire that will not disintergrate on a trainer?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Conti Trainer Tire

I have been using one for about a month now and recommend it highly. No degradation at all so far and it has been pushed quite hard. Wish I would have put it on 3 months ago. Other thing about it is I think it will last 3 trainer years given how little degradation has happened in a month. Highly recommended.

Power1369

·
791 Posts
power1369 said:
I have been using one for about a month now and recommend it highly. No degradation at all so far and it has been pushed quite hard. Wish I would have put it on 3 months ago. Other thing about it is I think it will last 3 trainer years given how little degradation has happened in a month. Highly recommended.

Power1369
I've got a friend that is using one, and the other benefit is that it is quiet. He's using is on a 1up trainer and you can barely hear any noise at all.

I need to get on of those tires.

·
Registered
919 Posts
First try reducing the pressure exerted by the trainer's roller to the absolute minimum consistent with proper operation. I've been using the same el-cheapo tire for two winters and experience no black dust, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Tacx trainer tire is also excellent. Just a little more expensive than the Conti though. It has been working fine on my Fortius trainer. Several people were having problems with tires slipping on the 12-15% grades on the Fortius until they switched to this tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts