Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change the tires on the retarded rims that came on my Fuji Ace. The rims take a 700x26 tire which are near to impossible to find. What I want to know is if I can put a 700x25 tire on instead. I think I should be able to because the tubes I think go for 25 and 26 tires. I would just like to know from some people that probably know better than me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rum_Runner1 said:
I am going to change the tires on the retarded rims that came on my Fuji Ace. The rims take a 700x26 tire which are near to impossible to find. What I want to know is if I can put a 700x25 tire on instead. I think I should be able to because the tubes I think go for 25 and 26 tires. I would just like to know from some people that probably know better than me.
The short answer is, yes. The longer answer is that any 700C tire that will fit between your forks and stays and brakes can be used. The 700 designation is the diameter of the rim. The 21-28 numbers for how balooned out the tire is. On the one extreme is a 700-21 which is a very skinny tire that is used on all-out racing bikes. On the other end, 700-28 tires with small knobs can be used on a cyclo-cross bike in dirt. A 700-25 size tire is a very good all-around regular riding tire, with good cushioning, puncture resistance and low rolling resistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts