Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently opened a previously used patch kit glue and all the glue had vaporized.
Do glueless patch kits work well? This is not as highly recommended in a book I read.
Also is homebrew tire patch glue possible to make?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Just go buy another patch kit. They're only a couple of bucks. IME glueless patches don't work worth a crap. Like anything else you might carry with you on your bike, your patch kit needs a little inspection now & then. On the 1st day of every month, I take all the stuff out of my underseat bag and look at it. Did I lose anything, is the Trak phone charged up, is the $20 bill still there, is the spare tube all right, how 'bout the patch kit? It takes maybe 5 min.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I add a few patch kits when I am ordering other items mostly for the glue. Instead of "homebrew" glue, tire glue is available in large cans with a brush.That along with some Rema tip tops are what I use at home.
Mr Versatile makes a good point about checking. I forgot I gave away my glue to another rider until I had my second flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.