Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21,865 Posts
Pressure numbers

lucky13 said:
I just put it too 110 psi is that too much
You told us the brand of bike, which is about as relevant as its color. The two key factors are tire size and rider weight. That said, 110 is on the high end. One school of thought is 90-100 psi, and if you get pinch flats, you need bigger tires. You will find people who pump to 140 and higher, but IMO they are nucking futs.

· Banned
6,492 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
You told us the brand of bike, which is about as relevant as its color. The two key factors are tire size and rider weight. That said, 110 is on the high end. One school of thought is 90-100 psi, and if you get pinch flats, you need bigger tires. You will find people who pump to 140 and higher, but IMO they are nucking futs.
I'm with Kerry on this...if I were racing, I MIGHT go higher, but I've been a recreational rider for more than 30 years, and I've pretty much settled on about 80psi in 35mm tires at my 240 pounds. I have 28s on one bike, and run those at 100-105, but I find myself walking past it more and more to get to the Atlantis.
If you're larger than average, say 150 pounds, I'd definitely try bigger tires, in the 28-32 range, to see how you like them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.