Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
like Quick Step

kicking everybody's a$$? like Petacchi not making the bunch and Zabel getting beat by Bettini? Looking like MSR advantage so far goes to the Belgians.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
atpjunkie said:
kicking everybody's a$$? like Petacchi not making the bunch and Zabel getting beat by Bettini? Looking like MSR advantage so far goes to the Belgians.
On the bright side Petacchi was in the front group of only 50 riders or so, he just couldn't do anything about the finish. Bettini is looking like the most likely guy to spoil a Boonen win a MSR.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well it'll be the ole 1-2 at MSR

QS will send Bettini in a small group somewhere near the finishing climbs. Milram will have Zabel marking him otherwise Milram would be responsible for the chase. If it comes back together Zabel will try to lead out and we'll have train v train. personally I'm thinking Bonnen right now as he seems to be able to kick hard after a rigorous parcourse.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Zabel marking him otherwise Milram would be responsible for the chase.
Zabel may be able to outclimb most sprinters but i don't think he has the aerobic fire power to follow Bettini, few do when he is in form.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
but if Zabel gets over the Poggio

in a small group with Paolo it is a straight up sprint at that point. I'd put my money on Erik, as long as he doesn't sit up too soon. Bettini needs that climb to the finish, I think he's gonna be tough to beat at Amstel, Fleche Wallone and L-B-L this year. Those races have his name all over them and I think he wants the Rebellin trio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts