Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Well...

hambinator said:
Paolo Bettini takes first stage over Erik Zabel. Thats surprising to me cause i thought zabel had the better sprint. Oh well maybe his age is catching up with him
Bettini has always been a decent sprinter who had a good jump. Zabel is getting a little older, and may have lost a step or two, but it's good to see that he's still up there in the finishes. Don't underestimate the sprint of The Cricket though, it's pretty devestating in the right circumstances.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
dreww said:
I know the cricket has a good jump but to beat out Zabel AND Hushovd (sp) in a flat out sprint is pretty darn impressive, specially for a guy who weight what 130lbs!!
The report on cyclingnews says it was an uphill sprint. Enough so that Petacchi decided to lead out Zabel, as he couldn't contest the difficult finish. Sounds like the teamwork is ok after all.

Silas

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
dreww said:
I know the cricket has a good jump but to beat out Zabel AND Hushovd (sp) in a flat out sprint is pretty darn impressive, specially for a guy who weight what 130lbs!!
On TV it looked like they went up a farily sharp climb coming to the finish before it flattened out the last few hundred meters. Kinda impressive that Hushvold was able to stay that close to the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts