Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Ti ax and just wanted any input from members. This for me is a happy venture, in that now I won't have to build My in the box 07 corsa extra! I can now savour it until another day. Things I have found out is the bb Italian...is this correct? Anyone on the seatpost size?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yes, correct

BB thread is Italian and seatpost size is 27.2 for the AX and EX My seat tube is 35mm but I have a Merckx EX so best to check with Gita Bikes. I'm sure another poster will answer re: seat tube size. You will like the ride. Enjoy

kellyjk said:
I just bought a Ti ax and just wanted any input from members. This for me is a happy venture, in that now I won't have to build My in the box 07 corsa extra! I can now savour it until another day. Things I have found out is the bb Italian...is this correct? Anyone on the seatpost size?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I've got an AX that I bought used 3-4 years ago. It has become my favorite bike that I use for almost all of my long rides.

The decals on mine were pretty skanky when I bought it, so I ordered a new set from Gita Bikes. After removing the old decals, I buffed the entire frame with a Scotch Brite pad and it looked like new.

I have absolutely no idea how many miles are on the frame since I am the 3rd owner, but I've put about 12,000 miles on it myself and it still looks like new. That's one of the nice things about ti frames -- with a little cleaning and buffing from time to time, they show very little wear and tear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.