Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have never ridden any of them. But i just want to point out that Kent Eriksen founded Moots, then later sold it. The Moots and Eriksen will be similar frames.

Good luck....and post pics when you get your frame.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Why of course, the Eriksen (too bad he spells his name wrong).

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
lanlan said:
....Now, I limit my selection to Pasonni Top Evolution & MOOTS Vamoots & Kent Eriksen classic..........
You'll be the only kid on the block with a Pasonni Top Evolution should you buy that one.

In fact, you may be one of the few kids anywhere who has ever heard of a Pasonni Top Evolution.

This kid has never heard of them and an online seach doesn't give me any info either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Never heard of a Pasonni. I was wondering the same thing between the Moots and a Eriksen. I am also looking into a Seven Axiom Race or a Guru Praemio. Does anyone have any of these? Thanks,

Bri

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have an Ericken 29er mtb. I really don't see how you could go wrong with an Eriksen. Kent and Katie are an absolute pleasure to deal with in every way. Everything about the bike is top notch, from the ride and feel all the way to the welds and cosmetics. Two big thumbs up from me. I'm thinking of an Eriksen for my wife and for me next! :D

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I think the Passoni would be an interesting choice, but it's an Italian firm and it's not clear to me how you'd even go about ordering one. Have you looked into that?

Moots and Eriksen - two excellent choices, here in the US (this is only important if you are in the US), excellent bikes and great service.

I have two Moots - fantastic bikes. I'd buy an Eriksen too if I was in the market, I like his vibe. I'd go with one of those two, but again, I'm looking at this from the perspective of a US consumer with those two builders just up the road.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Moots (& now Erikson) is a cult.

It's a cult because (as near as I can tell) there are very few unsatisfied owners. I suspect you couldn't go wrong with either. Moots has all the internal processes down, Erikson has the original founder and heart of Moots running it.

After teh NAHBS, I'd be very comfortable with the Erikson.

Len

·
Registered
324 Posts
Moots/Eriksen have never really pushed the boundaries of frame construction / weight. They simply make beautiful frames - exquisite welds etc. They are not the lightest, not butted, not tube shaped etc...low on tech, but very high quality.

An av size moots compact is around 1400-1500g frame only if not more.

Not a big deal if you want a nice ride for a long time - but something to consider if your planning on racing them.

Passoni I can't help you with.

I would consider a Baum from Australia - the exchange rate is in your favour and they are as beautiful as anything I have seen - and you can paint em if you want.

Outside of them, Carl Strong makes great rides.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
merckxman said:
If you live in Italy get a MOOTS. If you live outside of Italy get a PASSONI.

true... the novelty of foreign is alive on both sides of the pond

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
haydos said:
Moots/Eriksen have never really pushed the boundaries of frame construction / weight. They simply make beautiful frames - exquisite welds etc. They are not the lightest, not butted, not tube shaped etc...low on tech, but very high quality.

An av size moots compact is around 1400-1500g frame only if not more.

Not a big deal if you want a nice ride for a long time - but something to consider if your planning on racing them.

Passoni I can't help you with.

I would consider a Baum from Australia - the exchange rate is in your favour and they are as beautiful as anything I have seen - and you can paint em if you want.

Outside of them, Carl Strong makes great rides.

Eriksen doesn't do butted either? Moots- I did know about. Still, a Moots is an ultimate dream bike for me. Do you know if Strong builds with butted tubes?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I went through the same selection process and ended up with a Lynskey. Very happy but would have been just as happy with the Moots. Both great bikes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts