Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across a great frame today and was wondering if anyone here has seen one before or has any info on it.

It's a Fuji pursuit frame made out of Titanium (with really great welds). No serial number, just a stamp saying "Made in USA" and "E. Livingston." I'm guessing "E. Livingston" was either the town it was made in or the person it was made for.

I don't know the year or anything. I'm guessing it was probably made toward the beginning of when ti was used for frames.

Anyway, thought it was a neat find and am just fishing for any info. I DO know that the bike was ridden to a US masters nationals championship. Pretty cool.

(The fork currently on the bike is for a 26" wheel, but the original fork (pictured) is for a 24" wheel.)

Thanks.

· I'm a misanthropic man...
129 Posts
Cool frame!
TiSport, aka Titanium Sports Technology or TST is a titanium fabrication company out of Kennewick, Washington. During the MTB boom they built titanium frames for a number of companies including Kona. Sandvik makes titanium tubing, among other things, and I believe TiSport is or was a subsidiary of Sandvik. In any case, TiSport knows/knew what they're doing with titanium and the frame construction is likely top notch.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

I emailed the Ti company in Washington late last night and got this reply:

Yes this is one of our frames and I remember that it was a one-off done for a professional rider or someone high up in the Fuji organization.
Pretty neat, and amazing how quickly they replied.

· Registered
13 Posts
B Livingston would make sense...

Are you certain it's an "E" Livingston on the BB? Bobby Livingston was a top track rider in the late 80s/early 90s and won several national titles.

That would be consistent with the apparent age of the frame and the small front wheel set up (if I recall, kilo was a strong event for him).

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point! I'll double check later, but the stamp is certainly very shallow and it could easily be a "B."

The manufacturer sent me a subsequent email stating that he believes the frame was made in 92 or 93, which would fit...

· Just Plain Bitter
8,622 Posts
Very cool find! Looks to be in excellent condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.