Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have a custom ti frame built and have it down to Titus or IF.I have two Titus mtbs and live near the factory but after reading the reviews for IF frames now I'm wondering wheather to go with IF.The FCR is almost $700 less and seems like a much better buy.Is there real that much of a difference between the two?

· eminence grease
18,559 Posts
Pahana said:
I'm going to have a custom ti frame built and have it down to Titus or IF.I have two Titus mtbs and live near the factory but after reading the reviews for IF frames now I'm wondering wheather to go with IF.The FCR is almost $700 less and seems like a much better buy.Is there real that much of a difference between the two?
I really doubt there is $700 difference. Your plusses in the Titus column are extensive - current satified customer, live close to the place. Why not stick with the devil you know?

IF makes great bikes and if you're looking to try something new, go for it. But don't expect the sky to suddenly clear, the sun to come out, the bluebirds to start singing and the crystal clear brooks to start babbling - it's just a bike. And I'll bet you the Titus will give you the same case of new bike-itis.

· titanium junkie
667 Posts
many titaninum choices out there

Pahana said:
If I remember correctly, IF's frame comes as a frameset, which also includes a carbon fork, so you also need to factor that in to compare costs. Just curious, why did you narrow it down to these two ti frames?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.