Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont mean to throw random ideas out there but Ive been tossing around ideas for my next bike and found that most of the ones I ruled out were because of a pretty minor thing. So heres what I thing somebody should make.
A complete bike that is steel or aluminum, set up as singlespeed/fixed with a reversable hub. Also enough space for some 35c cyclocross tires. Another good idea would be to include some conti brake mounts. add a shallow drop bar and some roadstyle levers and youre set. Add it all up and sell the complete bike for $650-750
My reasoning for this is because I was looking at the specialized langster lineup and thinking how cool they are for the cash. However when winter comes im going to want something that can romp around in the forest preserve snow as well as take midnight rides to dennys in junk weather. Its definately do-able for that price range. I figure at the point of what the langster is aimed at whats the difference with conti brakes over road brakes and some extra tire clearance. it would have made it so that you can just swap on cross tires in the winter and head on out.
There's a bunch of companies like specialized, giant, felt, cannondale, and many others that are offering SS commuter styled bikes at a very reasonable price but they just dont answer my winter needs. Its because of this that me and many others have opted to go for a surly crosscheck built up SS or similar build. Just thought id throw this out there incase any companies are listening..... id love a langster to mess around on but it doesnt meet enough needs of mine to rationalize the purchase. if i had more cash I buy that and a seperate cross bike but thats not realistic for me.

so to anybody else wishing to comment on this thread feel free to think up anything else that you would like to see available from the many companies out there... regardless of it involves singlespeed, commuting, cx, fixed, mountain bikes, tri bikes.... whatever lets just hear some ideas...

·
Registered
577 Posts
B15serv said:
I dont mean to throw random ideas out there but Ive been tossing around ideas for my next bike and found that most of the ones I ruled out were because of a pretty minor thing. So heres what I thing somebody should make.
A complete bike that is steel or aluminum, set up as singlespeed/fixed with a reversable hub. Also enough space for some 35c cyclocross tires. Another good idea would be to include some conti brake mounts. add a shallow drop bar and some roadstyle levers and youre set. Add it all up and sell the complete bike for $650-750
My reasoning for this is because I was looking at the specialized langster lineup and thinking how cool they are for the cash. However when winter comes im going to want something that can romp around in the forest preserve snow as well as take midnight rides to dennys in junk weather. Its definately do-able for that price range. I figure at the point of what the langster is aimed at whats the difference with conti brakes over road brakes and some extra tire clearance. it would have made it so that you can just swap on cross tires in the winter and head on out.
There's a bunch of companies like specialized, giant, felt, cannondale, and many others that are offering SS commuter styled bikes at a very reasonable price but they just dont answer my winter needs. Its because of this that me and many others have opted to go for a surly crosscheck built up SS or similar build. Just thought id throw this out there incase any companies are listening..... id love a langster to mess around on but it doesnt meet enough needs of mine to rationalize the purchase. if i had more cash I buy that and a seperate cross bike but thats not realistic for me.

so to anybody else wishing to comment on this thread feel free to think up anything else that you would like to see available from the many companies out there... regardless of it involves singlespeed, commuting, cx, fixed, mountain bikes, tri bikes.... whatever lets just hear some ideas...

you answered your own question. get a mac.

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
carbon13 said:
if a langster isn't on the track get a mtb, narrow trires rigid fork and cut down bars.
soory on a road bike site mentioning mtb, shame!
You should be banished!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the san jose is a great choice as well.... im just throwing ideas out there to see if anybody else has anything constructive to say about other things they'd like to see. im not looking for advice on my next ride.. i just want to see good ideas about things that should be made available... what would you all like? and by the way i own a mac haha lol.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I want a bike that is really, really fast. It would have to be so fast that it would be fast even with me on it.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
B15serv said:
*snip* anybody else has anything constructive to say about other things they'd like to see *snip*
I'd like a 6 pound carbon/unobtanium wonderbike that climbs hills while I sip chianti, washes my car while I bang cocktail waitresses two at a time, does my taxes, waxes my taint painlessly, spits nickles out of it's headtube and brews beer in the bottom bracket shell.

That about sums it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.