Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a 2005 cannondale r1000 with about 50 miles on it. i've only seen pictures of it and only has a small scratch on it like the owner stated. he's asking $1350.00 for it. if in person it's what he's stated, would you take it or offer him less. i've already offered him $1000.00 2 weeks ago and he didn't take it. what i'm getting at is it worth it to go ahead and give him what he asking? i'm currently riding a 2003 cannondale r600. thanks.

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
Why buy?

cbl3030 said:
I have a chance to buy a 2005 cannondale r1000 with about 50 miles on it. i've only seen pictures of it and only has a small scratch on it like the owner stated. he's asking $1350.00 for it. if in person it's what he's stated, would you take it or offer him less. i've already offered him $1000.00 2 weeks ago and he didn't take it. what i'm getting at is it worth it to go ahead and give him what he asking? i'm currently riding a 2003 cannondale r600. thanks.
What's yur motivation to buy? A 2005 Cannondale r1000 won't do anything that a 2003 cannodale r 600 can't do. The r600 is a very good bike. If the r600 needs a little maintenance, spend a couple hundred bucks nd get it into perfect mechancial condition.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2 Cents...

Keep the R600 and your cash and save up a few hundred more and get a bike that will be more of an upgrade. The R600 is not a bad bike so the step up to the R1000 won't be that significant.

Is the R1000 a bike that you have been really wanting?? The price sounds fair if the condition is as the seller states.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bike is in perfect shape. just have the urge to upgrade came across this deal. it has ultegra, truvativ carbon cranks and mavic ksyrium elite wheels. claimed weight is just over 17lbs. my r600 is 22lbs, heck my scalpel is only 2lbs heavier. my main attraction was the wheel set, but further looking i realy like the mavic ksyrium sl wheel set.now i'm thinking of keeping my current ride and maybe upgrading wheels later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts